“Rude management” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Iowa
“Rude management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2005

I was trying to get a rate for a room in March of 06. The direct online site of the Castillo Inn said it had specials under March. The rates were very good, but when I plugged in my info the rates changed dramatically. So I emailed them to ask why, and to give me their best rate. No one ever responded. 2 days later, I looked at the website again, and low and behold the "specials" page had changed. No specials for March. So I called. I was first told they never got my email, then that their computers where down. When I said their website had changed pricing, he said, well yes, it was old and he had to update it. So I said "Then you did get my email?", and he said yes and that someone else had called too. So he had lied about the above, and he never bothered to reply to my email at all. Not much customer service here. Wonder what you'd get if you stayed there. When I asked him again for his best rates then in March, he was obviously annoyed, and said to look on the web site! Horrible way to treat a prospective customer that was on the phone trying to book a room. I'm running far away.

Stayed September 2005
6 Thank mp3marie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2005

Rooms were recently remodeled - very nice! Bathroom was beautiful! 1/2 block from beach - 2 blocks to Stearn Wharf/State Street. Really convenient location and the price was very reasonable! Loved it!

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank VacationBound57
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2005

My boyfriend and I did not expect much when we arrived, so when we entered our room, we were happy and surprised. It looked like everything was recently refurbished and remodeled. The room was very clean and the decor was aesthetically pleasing. The furniture was tasteful and elegant, very nice for a small inn. I did not expect it to look so charming. The room was very comfortable, but a setback would be that the walls are thin at this inn. We were fortunate that our neighbors were quiet, but we were able to hear them come through the door very clearly and other noises from the outside. Another thing is when we showered, there wasn't enough light in the bathroom to reach the shower. So, when you are showering its dark behind the curtain. I would definitely go back to this hotel despite all that, because the room was so pretty and everything looked and felt brand new.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ctle77
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2004

Stayed here for one night in June - can't remember what price we paid, I think it was a little on the expensive side, but I believe that is normal for Santa Barbara. It looked as though it had been recently refurbished as everything was new and clean. We had spent the previous night in a horrible place called the Sands in San Louis Obispo so we were pleased to get somewhere so nice.

The location was ideal being just at the edge of the central area and within walking distance of everything. Santa Barbara was a lovely place and we wish we had stayed another night but LA beckoned.

• Stayed June 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kitbit
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2004

Location is perfect. You can walk from one end of the strip to the other via the beach, jog path, or sidewalk. Right across the street from a park w/ a dog friendly park right up the road. Staff is friendly and rooms are comfortable and clean. I will be staying at the Castillo on my next visit.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2003

Stayed in August 2001 one night on a motoring holiday. Easy to find. Great location - beach one minute away. Quiet and unfussy motel. Not cheap at $140 but very comfortable. Family of four stayed for that price and it IS Santa Barbara. Recommended. Tony H

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member