“Won't stay there again.”
Review of Villa Rosa Inn

Villa Rosa Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2005

My husband and I visited Santa Barbara over a weekend. I came across the Villa Rosa website which prompted me to call for reservations. When I walked into the B&B, I thought to myself...oh what a cute place...very romantic with a fireplace in the lobby.....entering my room I had a different reaction.

Our room was small, plain with a musty odor. It consisted of a bed, two chairs (which had interesting stains on them) and a tv. The shower/tub was tiny and outdated..actually the whole room was pretty much outdated...their website advertised a complete re-model...I guess they skipped our room. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable..it gave me a backache during my visit. The wall heater made all kinds of noise keeping us up during the night. The hairdryer in my room didn't work and when I informed the girl at the front desk her reaction was "oh ok". The staff were kind of just there and didn't go out of there way to be friendly. They ran out of parking spots and didn't have any more hotel parking permits to give out for guests to park on the street.

The continental breakfast was one of the worst I've had at a hotel...not much of a selection of food to choose from...we skipped the breakfast our second day and went out to eat. The wine served during the cheese service was terrible...I didn't finish my glass....and I'm not a wine snob. I skipped the cheese.

I spent part of our trip listening to my husband say "I'm glad I didn't pick the hotel because I would never hear the end of it!" I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2005
7  Thank rvavan
There are newer reviews for Villa Rosa Inn

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 2 November 2004

Very wonderfully located right by the beach and downtown State street, one would think this Inn would be loud, but the weekend my husband and I stayed at the cozy Inn was very peacefully quiet! Although quite small, it is more so of a home away from home. There was a fire in the lobby fireplace at both breakfast and during wine and cheese hours, as well as candles on the pool deck tables in the evenings. The front desk staff was very willing to book us a table at a lovely restaurant within walking distance. Id say the lack of noise, and being able to walk to all destinations in town, are what makes the Villa Rosa superb! I will return for another romantic weekend very soon.

• Stayed: June 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southern California
Reviewed 11 September 2004

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Rosa. The small intimate feeling of this inn was a treat. We stayed in room #8 and enjoyed having french doors open to a view of the lovely courtyard. The evening wine and cheese snack and the morning continental breakfast were a nice, much appreciated touch. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. While I would not classify this inn as a B&B, the atmosphere is similar. Its location is ideal-we took the train up from LA and had no need for a car. The inn is near the train station, the beach, shopping, and restaurants. My husband and I would happily stay here again.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member