We stayed at the West Beach Inn as part of a 2 1/2 week trip along the California coast. Our room was on the third floor with ocean view and king bed. The room was very nice -- absolutely no complaints! Continental breakfast also was good, although it was served in the hotel office. There are several tables, but it was a bit difficult (even in February) to find a place to eat. There are also table outside by the swimming pool, and they are used in warmer weather.
We booked our room on the hotel's "Anniversary" rate, with a one percent discount for every year married. You have to provide a copy of your wedding certificate to get that rate, but if you have been married for a long time, it's a good discount.
On the negative side, I don't think that I would like to stay in the interior rooms facing the parking lot (and some backing up to an alley). In fact, although our third floor premium ocean view room was very nice, the ocean view aspect was not that impressive. The view is across a busy street (traffic, noise included) and also a large municipal parking lot to a municipal marina and then the ocean. So, it's not a nice ocean view as much as it is the view of a lot of things (street, parking lot, marina) in front of the ocean. If that is what you want, then this is a good deal. If I stay in Santa Barbara again, I would probably choose a motel/inn near the beach, but would skip the view and seek a nicer overall setting.
While in Santa Barbara, we had several good meals -- a very nice dinner at the Enterprise Fish Company, and good lunches (on day trips) at Boccali's in Ojai and the Solvang Restaurant in Solvang (especially the dessert pastry, AEbleskiver).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara