Sorry everyone - this is an OK property, really, but I left here with a bad taste in my mouth. I know SB is pricey, so was not put off by the high room rate here due to it's location near the harbor/beach. I had a two-night stay in March while visiting friends. At first I liked it, but by the time I left, I knew I would not return - there are nicer properties in this price range. At first, I was impressed by the nicely rennovated room, with its generous size and near-new furnishings and decor. I paid top dollar for a harborview room, and was not disappointed by the view or location at the top floor of a 3-story structure (there is an elevator). It's an easy walk to the Harbor and Stearn's wharf. The hot tub was nicely maintained and HOT, which is nice. Now comes the bad: there was no refrierator in my room, although this was advertised as an amenity (there was a space for it, but I guess I would have to call to request one?) The breakfast was OK, but the lobby area cannot possibly accomodate the number of guests staying here. If the two tables inside are taken, you have to sit outdoors (it can be quite chilly in the AM). They only had whole milk for cereal, no low or non-fat. What dissappointed me the most (which is ironic, as I am not a wine enthusiast) was their wine and cheese hour, which I decided to try. Hint to management: if you're going to offer food and wine to your guests, it should be something you'd be willing to serve in your own home. The wine they served was so bad it nearly made me gag. Two-buck Chuck would have been a HUGE improvement. Offering free swill is a tremendous insult to your guests-- you'd really be better off not offering wine at all. Here's an idea - put out an honor jar for $$, buy some cheap drinkable wine, and let people serve themselves on an honor system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara