Enjoyed staying here since a 5 minute walk to whale watching cruises which were a daily event during the stay. Nice Happy Hour free wine plus cheese and crackers, refreshingly tasty lemon water in the lobby, free water bottles provided daily when room cleaned and mints at night. Light sleeper had no early bird or train noise problems unlike other reviewers mentioned. Luckily stayed here in Apr/May where prices were reasonable, whereas refused to pay the outrageously overpriced July 2014 rates when plan to return for the humpback whales-unjustifiable prices based on the fact the property is an Inn/motel not an upscale hotel, size of rooms, and amenities provided; so found another property further from the ocean but a very reasonable high season price. Free wifi provided consistent Internet access-no slow speed or connectivity problems and decent sized bathroom. Nice creature comfort-bathrobe hook on the back of the bathroom door so when one finishes with a bath or shower your robe is easily accessible. Continental breakfast was very basic but free. Spacious hot tub. Very poorly designed window A/C unit located directly in front of the drapes/blinds so forced to leave curtains open in the middle of the window while running A/C or the blinds would block air flow into the room. Would stay here again outside of the high season Ritz Carlton rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara