“Magical weekend at San Ysidro !”

San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had not been to San Ysidro Ranch in many years .Upon arriving I remembered what a unique and incredible place this is. Since the renovation (believe 2003) the new ownership and staff have taken SYR to new heights without stripping it of it's heritage. You don't feel like you're checking in to a resort ,instead,entering a small community of individual cottages with small lazy paths and a horseshoe shaped road connecting them between amazing gardens, trees,and landscape. We had a party of 8 and took advantage of all the options available. Great dining,cool bar,relaxing pool, and hiking trails everyone can and did enjoy.The staff is also the star attraction here as well.
We will definitely be back. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and unique. Not a mediocre one that I saw !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter S
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

It is such a pleasure to read of your recent stay and return to the Ranch! The property is rich with history, and our team takes great pride in preserving it while creating new memories and experiences with our wonderful guests. We hope to welcome you back for another visit soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

if you want to impress someone special, I highly recommend this place. All of the staff are very attentive. Gas fireplaces, hot tub on the deck, out door shower and the most delicious in-room dining experience I have ever had. Expensive but mid-week special makes it even better. One should splurge and enjoy this experience.

Room Tip: if you can get one with the hot tub on your deck.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine G
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Romantic indeed! Our staff takes great pride in creating personalized experiences for all our guests, and we hope to welcome you back for another romantic stay soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is pure magic. From having your name on the cottage to the staff to the food, this is one magnificent property. We stayed two nights and loved every second. We hike the trail going to the waterfall, we experienced in cottage dining and we went to the restaurants on property.

As an example of attention to detail, you are provided stationary with your names on it. When hiking we were given a back pack with bottled water.

Can't wait to return!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time at the Ranch and were able to take advantage of the wonderful outdoor experiences as well! We enjoy providing such memorable and magical experiences for our guests, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Amazing hotel with great food and wine on a beautiful landscape. Very unique.
The problem was when I check out I forgot my Ipad charging in the bedroom. Half way to LAX I realized that I forgot the Ipad charging, I called the hotel for them to keep it for me, as I was going to Tahiti, but I would come back to the hotel in two weeks. For my surprise, when I came back I was told that nobody found my IPAD, which we are 100% positive that was there. so I spent over 30.000 dollars at that hotel and they couldn't care less for my Ipad. The manager said that really trust his team and that nobody would have taken it. I am sure I was not the only there with missing itens, and we will never return to the hotel, maybe the restaurant but not the hotel.

Room Tip: Olive and Kennedy suit
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Lourenço n
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Lorenzo,
We conducted an exhaustive search on this reported incident in July 2013 and determined the item had not been seen or handled. We do provide an in-cottage safe for any item that a guest may wish to place there, and for this incident were able to facilitate an early departure for both cottages with no penalty of early departure. We are pleased to see you enjoyed the Restaurants and Gardens and hope to be of service on another occasion.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was our 3rd time at the Ranch and it has never disappointed. Lovely cottage, beautiful amenities, friendly staff. I particularly enjoyed the complimentary wine and cheese in the reception area. Unfortunately, it's only served on Fridays between 3-5pm.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are thrilled you continue to find your way back to the Ranch, and we hope to welcome you for another wine and cheese afternoon in the near future!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

a tranquil escape. a wonderful introduction to the gem that is Montecito. the gardens are a treasure. I enjoyed a pot of green tea while watching hummingbirds in the garden. A true delight. this is an unpretentious hotel of the finest caliber.
looking forward to a swift return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hidden away in the foothills of Montecito, the Ranch is certainly a place to enjoy the little pleasures around you. It is so wonderful to read of your recent stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I took my husband to San Ysidro Ranch for his 50th birthday and the weekend was perfect. Our cottage had a fabulous view, cozy fireplace, and great outdoor jacuzzi. The resort is a great balance of high end service yet relaxed atmosphere. We have traveled the world and stayed at some exquisite hotels, but my husband and I both feel that this was a perfect experience.

Room Tip: Citrus cottage is perfectly situated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and birthday celebration with your husband. Our team takes great pride is curating such magical and memorable experiences, and we hope to welcome you back for another perfect visit soon.

On Behalf of the San Ysidro Ranch Team,