“Todd is the best bartender around.”
Review of Chase Bar & Grill

Chase Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chase Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 570 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carrillo St.
Transit: There is a downtown open air shuttle that picks up and drops off directly across the street. Which is a .25 fare. Cab fare is $10 or less from most hotels.
Description: The Chase Restaurant and Lounge is a Santa Barbara landmark for over 37 years serving the best authentic New York style Italian food in the most romantic atmosphere in the city. The Chase is perfect for all occasions. This restaurant is a MUST SEE when visiting Santa Barbara. Please contact us for reservations or any questions you might have.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Delicious food and a FANTASTIC bartender named Todd!! He was so fun to talk to and his drinks were absolutely delicious--I particularly love his lemon drop. I can't praise him enough, he was so helpful with the menu and clearly knew what he was doing behind the bar. Will be going back and definitely will be sitting at the bar again! He recommended their cheesy bread mixed with some mussels are and I must say it's an absolute MUST!

Not to mention, fabulous atmosphere and great lighting at night with the Christmas lights up all year long!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon entering we were going to sit at the bar, but unfortunately, the bartender was a bit gruff and we felt somewhat unwelcome. It may have had something to do with the fact that it was in the evening after the Solstice parade and maybe he had had a long day. We decided to stay anyhow and sit at a table instead. We are so glad we did! The server assigned to us (Lola) was excellent - very sweet, attentive, friendly and knowledgable. She was helped out by another gal, whose name unfortunately I can't remember - but she as well, was excellent. All of us LOVED our food. It was out of this world - everything from the salad, to the appetizer, to the main course and dessert!!! We were celebrating my sister's 60th birthday and they gave us a choice of a free dessert. My sister chose the lava cake it just melted in our mouths! The next time I am in Santa Barbara, I will definitely be returning. I highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Have always loved this restaurant! Food is excellent! The bar is fantastic! Its been a fixture in town for many years. Great place for a party or just a cozy, romantic dinner.

The C, Owner at Chase Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Connie, thank you for the great review! We’re so happy to hear you’ve had a great time with us for the last few years. Looking forward to your next visit! Jack, Owner.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I felt lien I was in Italy eating here.
Pasta was amazing, the best Alfredo I have ever had, and a huge portion at that.

The C, Owner at Chase Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello Alice, thank you for the kind words! We’re thrilled to read that you enjoyed the pasta as well as the ambiance. Until your next visit, ciao! – Jack, Owner.

Email: thechase805@gmail.com

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We had an excellent in this busy restaurant. we enjoyed excellent meals of chicken Alfredo, homemade ravioli, (my wife said they were the best she had ever had!) and even really good burgers. The wait staff was very good and friendly. A very enjoyable time was had by all.