Inn At East Beach
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$301
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$251
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Breakfast included
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$168
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$212
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$356
US$323
  • Pool
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$308
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$286
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$337
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$203
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseast beachbagelscontinental breakfaststate streetceiling fanbeach chairsboiled eggsacross the streetfree parkingrooms are cleangas fireplacebaked goodsthe general managershort walk to the beachroad tripsmall poolmini fridge
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Have stayed in two other hotels in Santa Barbara - one being the Four Seasons that I did not pay for, so that is not my usual experience. After reading some reviews on trip advisor, I thought I'd try something different than my other "regular" hotel, since it got good reviews and photos looked really nice. It was a suite with a kitchen, and the same price as a room at the other hotel. The kitchen sold me. Mistake.

Beware....you are paying for location. I knew instantly we had made a bad choice when we walked into our room through gates that reminded me of a Motel 6. There is CARPET in the bathroom. And I don't just mean the sink area, I mean around the toilet. It was not filthy, but it certainly looked very used. Gross. They have attempted to make it upscale, by adding some nice furniture, but overall the feeling was....motel. The pillows on the bed were leather. I don't know about you, but I don't want leather pillows where my head is going to be. Goodness knows what a black light would find on leather pillows that can't be washed. The "dining area" was tiny and barely seated two people for dinner, much less four, which is how many chairs there were. It was November, and I cannot imagine what it is like there in the summer, because when we walked in around 5pm, it was hot with all the windows open. There is no air conditioning, and with the windows open, all you hear is traffic. There is a window above the toilet, and it was windy that day - so the toilet and part of the bathtub was covered in dirt. We also had the unfortunate experience of being by a stairwell....and again I will mention this is just a MOTEL....the walls are paper thin. I could hear everyone going up and down the stairs and at midnight the wall behind my bed actually shook from someone running on the stairs. I hardly got any sleep at all. I feel terrible writing a bad review because the people at the front desk were SO nice, but all night all I could think about is that I wished I had stayed at the other hotel which was so clean, with lovely well kept grounds, was always quiet, and with air conditioning. And not have carpet in the bathroom.

Room Tip: I have no idea if there IS a good room in this motel. Walls are paper thin so you hear everything going on, and traffic noise can be heard very easily since windows have to be open.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! This is most important to us as it is how we learn what is most important to you and how to best improve! I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us!!! I completely understand your reservations about our soundproofing, lack of air conditioning and bathroom carpeting. I definately agree that these things need updating and we are currently trying to work those improvements into our next renovation budget! While we do provide ways to lessen the noise or heat such as with ear plugs or ceiling/standing fans, I understand these solutions may not be comfortable for everyone. I'm also sorry that you did not enjoy our decorative pillows! They are only meant to be used as something to sit against as opposed to the hard head board. The other, regular pillows are intended for sleeping. We do strive to meet, and preferably exceed, each of our guest's expectations. As long as we are aware of an issue, we will do everything in our power to resolve the situation. While I cannot change your first experience with us, I do hope you will afford us another visit someday so that we may turn that first impression around!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were in town for a wedding and stayed at the Inn At East Beach. We had a great time and Frank was a hoot. The location was great, a short walk to the beach and the art sale along the sand. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for leaving us your feedback!!! I will be sure to share this with Frank! I do hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I went to Santa Barbara for our anniversary, and I found the Inn at East Beach online. What a find! The property is only a block from the beach, and within walking distance of State St. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, and Frank is the best hotel manager I have ever met. His friendliness and helpful suggestions made our stay extra special. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words! I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us! I will be sure to share your words with Frank and the rest of our Team! We are excited for your future return trip!!!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The location is perfect, just across the street from the beach, but the location has nothing on the hosts! I've never felt so welcome checking into a hotel. The host spent at least 20 minutes with us upon checkin helping orient us, providing happy hour recommendations and coupons for dinner. The breakfast buffet has a wide aray of pastries, oatmal, fruit and hard boiled eggs in addition to coffee and tea. Frank makes the buffet experience fun as he keeps up a running commentary with his guests and making an effort to introduce himself if he didn't check you in. When we were checking out, he made sure to tell us that if we were in the area to please continue to use the hotel parking lot for the day - no need to go hunting for street parking.

One thing to keep in mind with SB accomodations is that everything is old and rennovated. Nothing is brand new and everything is expensive. The only downside to this hotel is if you want to head down to State Street you probably need to drive. I'd absolutely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place in SB.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank you se very much for your feedback!!! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!!! I will be sure to share your wirds with Frank and the rest of our team!!! I hope we will have the chance to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

There is nothing nicer than walking into the place you are staying and feeling like whoever owns it has made the maximum effort possible to make the place attractive and comfortable. And this is what has happened here because it is just a basic motel structure where everything has been done to make a potentially unattractive place very attractive. The efforts made toward guest comfort are shown in such small things as the quality and attractiveness of the bathroom 'supplies' and the quality of the complimentary coffee. We also loved the blessedly comfortable bed. And while I am only adding to the comments made about Frank and the really friendly woman who greeted us on our arrival, people like these are gems. We have been travelling in the States for 2 months and while the service has always been friendly and professional on only one other occasion have we met people of this calibre. Breakfast was lovely and we really appreciated the supply of Vegemite for us Aussies. All in all, we were pretty sad that we stayed only one night.

Room Tip: We had room 131 and thought this was very well situated - top floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback and kind words! It makes my heart sing to know you enjoyed your time with us so!!! I am so happy we could add to your amazing trip!!! And I am especially excited that you enjoyed the Vegemite!!! I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again sometime in the future!!!