“Loved it!”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My friend and I stayed in Santa Barbara for a night on a 3 and a half week roadtrip around west coast America. I had read the reviews of the Inn at East Beach but we even more impressed when we arrived. The rooms are absolutely beautiful! They have obviously been recently renovated and very stylish. Really impressed. The pool was outside our door but we didn't use it. Breakfast was also included which we ate outside. Good selection! Frank and Christina were both very friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest

It is always so nice to hear when our guests have had a great time staying with us! Thank you for leaving your feedback for us!!! We are very happy to have shared time with you!!! We all hope to see you again very soon!!!

Kind Regards!

There are newer reviews for Inn At East Beach

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Frank was so great, the rooms are newly decorated and beautiful. Walking distance to the beach, trolley to State street is only .50 and because we are seniors only a quarter for us! I know if we go back to Santa Barbara this is where we will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! I will share this with the rest of our Team! We do hope to see you again!

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here (12/15/13). The motel exceeded our expectations in every way. Frank (manager/owner) was the MOST pleasant and helpful person we've met in the motel industry. Great location (close to beach and wharf), free parking, clean and comfortable room, nice fireplace to keep warm, or cuddle-up w/your significant other.....in a really comfy bed. GREAT continental breakfast. Oh, and did we mention the hotel owner/manager, Frank? HE IS TERRIFIC!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin S

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! It is so very good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! We all hope we will get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very good hotel ! The place-keeper, Frank, is a charm. Makes you happy for the day. Regarding to the offers in surrounding areas, it's clearly the best choice.

The only bad thing is maybe something in whole california... The walls are paper, and it can get cold during night. But the fire is there to warm that up !

Room Tip: The kitchen model is great and complete.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Inn at East Beach! Frank truly is something else! I do agree that our soundproofing/insulation could stand to be updated, and that is something we are currently trying to work into our furture endeavours! I do hope we will have the opportunity to see you back!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was our first visit to Santa Barbara. We had a full agenda and knew we would not be spending much time in our hotel room so didn't want to pay for amenities we would not be using, but we wanted to be close to the beach. The Inn at East Beach was just the place we were looking for. The price was reasonable, the room was nicely appointed, and the hospitality could not have been better.

Our room was clean (housekeeping team did a great job!), the bathroom was roomy (love the sink!), and temperature control was not an issue. The continental breakfast was above average with a wide array of fresh breakfast breads, muffins, and pastries. The outside eating area provided a lovely mountain view.

We were always greeted warmly and our questions were always answered enthusiastically. Our hosts truly love Santa Barbara and their Inn!

We felt so welcome, it was hard to leave. Almost like leaving family!

Room Tip: There are a number of stairs, so if you have difficulty getting around, you may want to call directl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave your feedback!!! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!!! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our Team!!! I do hope we will have the opportunity to see you again sometime real soon!!!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a very good place for a two star establishment, especially if you want to be
close to the beach. The manager is extremely friendly and helpful. Would go there again.
Only one negative: I hit my head against the bath shower rail :).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your feedback for us! I am incredibly happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I do apologize for the shower rail! I too have that issue from time to time being so tall! We are currently working on ways to update those areas and will hopefully be able to raise or get rid of those bars all together! I do hope you will be back to see us again!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Have stayed in two other hotels in Santa Barbara - one being the Four Seasons that I did not pay for, so that is not my usual experience. After reading some reviews on trip advisor, I thought I'd try something different than my other "regular" hotel, since it got good reviews and photos looked really nice. It was a suite with a kitchen, and the same price as a room at the other hotel. The kitchen sold me. Mistake.

Beware....you are paying for location. I knew instantly we had made a bad choice when we walked into our room through gates that reminded me of a Motel 6. There is CARPET in the bathroom. And I don't just mean the sink area, I mean around the toilet. It was not filthy, but it certainly looked very used. Gross. They have attempted to make it upscale, by adding some nice furniture, but overall the feeling was....motel. The pillows on the bed were leather. I don't know about you, but I don't want leather pillows where my head is going to be. Goodness knows what a black light would find on leather pillows that can't be washed. The "dining area" was tiny and barely seated two people for dinner, much less four, which is how many chairs there were. It was November, and I cannot imagine what it is like there in the summer, because when we walked in around 5pm, it was hot with all the windows open. There is no air conditioning, and with the windows open, all you hear is traffic. There is a window above the toilet, and it was windy that day - so the toilet and part of the bathtub was covered in dirt. We also had the unfortunate experience of being by a stairwell....and again I will mention this is just a MOTEL....the walls are paper thin. I could hear everyone going up and down the stairs and at midnight the wall behind my bed actually shook from someone running on the stairs. I hardly got any sleep at all. I feel terrible writing a bad review because the people at the front desk were SO nice, but all night all I could think about is that I wished I had stayed at the other hotel which was so clean, with lovely well kept grounds, was always quiet, and with air conditioning. And not have carpet in the bathroom.

Room Tip: I have no idea if there IS a good room in this motel. Walls are paper thin so you hear everything g...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! This is most important to us as it is how we learn what is most important to you and how to best improve! I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us!!! I completely understand your reservations about our soundproofing, lack of air conditioning and bathroom carpeting. I definately agree that these things need updating and we are currently trying to work those improvements into our next renovation budget! While we do provide ways to lessen the noise or heat such as with ear plugs or ceiling/standing fans, I understand these solutions may not be comfortable for everyone. I'm also sorry that you did not enjoy our decorative pillows! They are only meant to be used as something to sit against as opposed to the hard head board. The other, regular pillows are intended for sleeping. We do strive to meet, and preferably exceed, each of our guest's expectations. As long as we are aware of an issue, we will do everything in our power to resolve the situation. While I cannot change your first experience with us, I do hope you will afford us another visit someday so that we may turn that first impression around!