“Great location and friendly service!”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Frank makes this place! From the minute we arrived he was super friendly and made us feel right at home. The Inn is just a short walk across the street from the beach. State Street is in walking distance or a quick cab ride away. Rooms were clean and big. Would stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!!! I will be certain to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will have the opportunity to see you again very soon!!!

There are newer reviews for Inn At East Beach

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We arrived and were greeted with a friendly manner. We had requested NO stairs to the room, and were informed one room had no stairs and the other had about 7 steps down to the room. We request this as my husband had back surgery, and there was no help with luggage.
We did believe that this hotel was a walk to the beach, not! It is a drive down the hill, about a mile to the street that has the beach.
The room was clean and basic, the bathroom carpet was a bit strange, how is it cleaned? The bathroom was modern and the sink large. The bed was comfortable even if a little lumpy..but the biggest problem was the sound. We had just come off a 16 hour flight...drove an hour and half to the hotel and obviously were tired. That night, every time the people above us got up to use the bath....the sound was loud. In the morning when they showered, it was like we were standing beside a waterfall.
The breakfast pastries were good, we were lucky the weather was nice enough, as the tables are outside, so we did need a jacket. Coffee fantastic.

Room Tip: If you can carry your stuff..pick a second floor, first floor very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank msmith

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! I am so very sorry to hear that you did not truly enjoy your time with us! It is rather unfortunate that our property is located on a hill, forcing us to utilize numerous sets of stairs, even on the first floor. This makes it so that we are unable to place two seperate rooms of guests traveling together in the same area that has absolutely no stairs (should both rooms be of the same room type). We certainly did try our best as those are the only two rooms of that room type that we have on the first floor. I do apologize for this! I further apologize for our soundproofing! I absolutely understand how you feel and am currently working to have updated soundproofing worked into our next renovation budget! I must say that I am rather confused as to our location to the beach. You mentioned needing to drive down a hill? However, I am looking out our front doors now and am able to see the beach just through the block in front of us. It truly is just one block away. All you would need to do is walk through the Hyatt's parking lot across the street and you are there! Again, I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay! I do hope you might decide to give us a chance to turn that first impression around someday!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here just for one night. The inn was super cute and our room was amazing. The room was nice and big and very clean. We arrived about an hour early and were still able to check in. The check in process was absolutely hassle free, and we were assisted by the nicest woman! I would definitely stay here again and will be recommending to others!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to share this with the rest of our team! I hope we will see you back again very soon!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here in January for one night, and would definitely recommend the place. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, really made you feel welcome. The rooms were really big, nicely decorated, and very clean. Massive bathroom area, with double sinks!! Location is good, a long walk or cheap taxi from State Street. We were lucky with the weather, so were able to swim in the Pacific, which is just a couple minutes walk away. The only negative I can think of is the sign by the pool. Anyone who has been there will know what I'm talking about ;). Overall, great little place for a good price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, General Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback! It is so nice to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us! I do understand what you mean about the sign. I find it unflattering myself. Unfortunately, it is required to be there by law. I do apologize! I hope this will not deter you from coming back to visit us as I do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I both travel very often, for work and pleasure, and this place is maybe
the best value we have ever found. The location, one block from the beach and bike
path, nice room decor, and clean, very nice breakfast...great pastries from the local
bakery and nice Kona coffee, free off street parking, on site bike rental...very nice Giant
beach cruisers. All of this plus a nice bonus, Frank the proprietor, the best host ever.
Thanks Frank, we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! I am so excited to hear that you had such a wonderful time! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our team! I do hope we will get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Frank runs a clean and friendly motel. He makes you feel welcome and keeps you well-fed. His breakfast pastries come from a German bakery. I would come back to the Inn at East Beach, and I know I would feel welcome. I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest!

I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your kind words! I will be sure to share them with Frank! I do hope we will get to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Mgt staff at hotel are friendly and kind. Linens and beds old and lumpy. Rooms dark. Bathroom area a little creepy due to sisal rug wall to wall, which of course cannot be mopped clean. The place is just ok. Decent prices for Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sac2mom
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! This is incredibly important to us as it is how we learn what is most important to our guests and how to best improve! I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your room! I wish I had known while you were with us! We could have offered you a different, lighter room with a softer bed, were we not fully booked! We most certainly could have taken care of the sheets for you! We do strive to meet and preferably exceed all of our guest's expectaions! As long as we are aware of the situation, we will do everything in our power to ensure our guest's enjoyment! I do understand about the carpeting in our bathrooms. We are currently taking steps to see about removing that! I do hope you will decide to give us a chance to turn your first impression around and come back to visit someday!