“Price point is almost unmatchable. Could not have asked for better service”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Waterloo, Canada
“Price point is almost unmatchable. Could not have asked for better service”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Inn At East Beach has a certain charm to it. The manager Frank is a beaut! He is funny, charming, and obviously loves his job. He, as well as his wife, were nothing but helpful during our entire stay. The grounds also had a lot of character. Although the premise was a little worn out, you could tell that the owners are always cleaning the place up. The rooms were nothing short of perfect. My wife and I stayed in a standard room with a king bed. The design was gorgeous, the appliances were above average, and the toiletries were of a very high quality. I got a deal on the place through expedia and it was worth every penny. We plan on staying here every time we come to Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: I prefer top level as people were always walking around the premises.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your kind words! Frank truly is a gem isn't he? I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share your review with Frank and the rest of our Team! I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again very soon!

Christina Montalvo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here on our way up the coast, we booked it just before arriving. Frank who greeted us was absolutely lovely, he is such a nice man and made us feel really welcome. The room was beautiful and clean, as was the rest of the Motel.
It was in a great location only a few minute walk to the beach, it was about 15-20 min walk to the pier where you can get Amazing seafood!
The breakfast we got in the motel was good too!
The price, location and service make this Motel worth it! I would to come again :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest!

Thank you so very much for your kind review! It is always so nice to hear back from our guests! Especially when they have had a great time!!! I will be sure to share this with the rest of our Team! I hope we get to see you again very soon!

Chrisitna Montalvo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here overnight on our way up the coast. The room was large and nicely decorated. The bed was v comfy. The host Frank was so incredibly helpful and had such a nice sense of humour, he made a real impression on us both and we wished we could have stayed longer. The free breakfast was excellent also. I loved this place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mwlondon29
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback!!! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again on your next visit to Santa Barbara!

London, UK
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed this hotel. Great welcome from friendly owner. Good breakfast, and just across the street from East Beach, which is lovely. Shuttle bus to town stops close by. Easy to find from freeway. Decent room for the price. If you don't mind a fairly long walk, you can walk to the wharfe and the wineries at the foot of State Street, right along the beach or the promenade, but the shuttle is 50 cents so save your feet!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share this with the rest of our Team! I do hope we will have the joy of seeing you again soon!

Uk
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Inn At East Beach is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The hotel is nice and clean with a nice sized room and a large comfy bed, it's also literally a stones throw from a beautiful beach. The thing that made this trip so memorable and enjoyable though was the general manager Frank Santana. He made such a difference to our stay in Santa Barbara. He was very friendly and helpful when we arrived. It put us straight into the holiday mood. He let us borrow some fancy beach chairs and beach towels with directions to everything we needed. He also puts on a great breakfast.

Would definitely stay again.

Dear Guest!

Thank you so very much for your kind words! It is so nice to see that our efforts pay off when our guests have such a good time! I will share this with Frank and our Team! I hope we will get to see you again very soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We arrived late straight from driving up from LAX after an 11 hour flight from the UK and were greeted with a warm reception from the now famous Frank at the hotel who really couldn't do enough to help make our stay as comfortable and easy as possible from the get go.

We decided to get a taxi into town to get some dinner on State Street (which he booked on our behalf), as we were tired from the flight however the next day we discovered it is a nice walk into town along the path next to the beach (approx. 20-30 minutes depending how fast you walk). Alternatively there was a shuttle which was something like 50 cents which could take you where you need to be. It really is only a few minutes (if that!) to the beach which is gorgeous! We were only in Santa Barbara for the morning otherwise we would have definitely taken the reception up on the complimentary beach towels.

The room itself was spacious and had everything we could possible need for our stay – tea/coffee, toiletries, a large comfortable bed & even fluffy towels and the décor was modern and fresh.

In the morning Frank took us through all the available continental breakfast options (there were plenty!) including more teas than you can think of, the best coffee I've had for a long time, fresh pastries & muffins (and lots of!), fruit, toast and the usual extras and all of which were of really high quality. The banana nut muffin I had was fantastic and a great start to my day! He also encouraged us to have as much as we wanted! I wish we could have squeezed in more!

The only one small issue was how loud the water system was but we've experienced the same thing in other similar hotels and I understand from reading previous reviews the hotel is considering or in the process of updating their soundproofing so they have clearly already taken this on board.

All in all a fantastic stay and a wonderful start to our holiday especially the exemplary service – Frank definitely lives up to his reputation! Just wish we could have stayed longer! Thank you Inn at East Beach!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest!

Well thank you! Thank you for taking the time to leave us you thoughts and thank you for your kind words! It is always such a great feeling to hear when your guests have had a great stay! And yes, we do understand about our soundproofing. While our next renovation is some time off, we are working very hard to be certain that soundproofing updates are made a part of it! We certainly do appreciate your understanding! I will be sure to share your review with the rest of our Team! I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again really soon!

Romford
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst travelling down the Pacific Coast Highway. On arrival we were greeted by the very friendly receptionist, who was very helpful and welcoming. After parking our car in the free car park we went to our room. The room was very modern and spacious. There was a fridge with some bottles of water chilling - a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable. there was also free wifi with a good connection speed.
There was no restaurant for evening meals so we drove the short distance to downtown Santa Barbara.
After a good night's sleep we were had a lovely healthy breakfast overseen by the charismatic Frank who was ever helpful. Prior to checking out I got the chance for a quick dip in the heated pool.
Another bonus about this hotel is that it has a small laundrette so that traveller's could do their washing. As we had been travelling for over a week this was a godsend.
We were sad to have to leave this lovely little hotel and both thought it would have been nice to stay a bit longer. If we are ever back in this area we will head straight for the Inn at East Beach. Highly recommended

Dear Guest!

Thank you so very much for your kind words! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see this! I am so happy to know that you had such a great time with us! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again very soon!