“Great motel”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Decided to stay here based on tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The room was really good value, the bed was so comfortable with high quality furnishings. Loved all the little complimentary toiletries. Frank was very welcoming and gave us heaps of information about Santa Barbara.
Breakfast was very good quality with lots of different options - particularly liked all the Danish pastries.
Wish we could have stayed longer. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Charlie!

Thank you for your kind words! I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us! It is always so nice to comein and see reviews such as yours. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We read a few reviews on Tripadvisor, including those about Frank (general manager), and decided to book a stay for two nights. Frank is awesome - real personality and sense of humour (which goes a long way with me and my wife). He gave us useful information, had every possible bagel and muffin under the sun for breakfast (my wife was impressed) and even loaned us chairs to go and sit on the beach.

The room was clean and roomy and had a nice shower. There is also a small pool to dunk in which I enjoyed after a hot day of driving.

The wharf and State St areas are reachable by shuttle bus for just 50 cents one way (only runs until around 6pm) or you can drive there in under 10 minutes, so the location was fine for us. Also the beach is under 5 minutes away on foot.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Robert,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us your thoughts! I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your time here! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again on your next trip to Santa Barbara!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The welcome at this hotel is amazing. Frank (the owner) is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to the beach, the rooms are clean, well decorated and a good size. the breakfast was plentiful and varied, again served in Frank's inimitable style.
There is a shuttle bus very close by which will take you into town or to the pier for 50cents - it stopped quite early but we enjoyed the walk back each evening.
Santa Barbara was beautiful and this is a lovely place to stay to see it. Just far enough out of town for it to feel quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julienne L

Dear Guest!

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us! Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! It is such a glowing experience to read notes from happy guests! Than kyou for your kind words! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! We all hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were travelling, and selected this Inn from TripAdvisor's list for Santa Barbara. We arrived tired, and were greeted enthusiastically by Christina at the front desk, who showed us our room about twenty feet from the office. We like ground floor rooms, so the selection was perfect. The room was quiet, spotless, and included a huge shower\tub that was a real treat. The inn is across the street from the beach, just cut through the Hyatt parking lot. By the way, I am an early riser, out for a walk I asked the valets at the Hyatt about a coffee shop, they offered their lobby coffee, even knowing I wasn't their guest. Christina gave us a great recommendation for dinner, with a coupon for a free appetizer to boot. The morning complimentary breakfast was fantastic. Can't say enough about the inn. Would go back anytime.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am overjoyed to hear that you had such a good time with us! I just love it here and it makes my heart sing when others do too! Thank you for taking a moment to leave us such a nice review! I do hope we will get the honor of seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Inn At East Beach has a certain charm to it. The manager Frank is a beaut! He is funny, charming, and obviously loves his job. He, as well as his wife, were nothing but helpful during our entire stay. The grounds also had a lot of character. Although the premise was a little worn out, you could tell that the owners are always cleaning the place up. The rooms were nothing short of perfect. My wife and I stayed in a standard room with a king bed. The design was gorgeous, the appliances were above average, and the toiletries were of a very high quality. I got a deal on the place through expedia and it was worth every penny. We plan on staying here every time we come to Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: I prefer top level as people were always walking around the premises.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your kind words! Frank truly is a gem isn't he? I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share your review with Frank and the rest of our Team! I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here on our way up the coast, we booked it just before arriving. Frank who greeted us was absolutely lovely, he is such a nice man and made us feel really welcome. The room was beautiful and clean, as was the rest of the Motel.
It was in a great location only a few minute walk to the beach, it was about 15-20 min walk to the pier where you can get Amazing seafood!
The breakfast we got in the motel was good too!
The price, location and service make this Motel worth it! I would to come again :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest!

Thank you so very much for your kind review! It is always so nice to hear back from our guests! Especially when they have had a great time!!! I will be sure to share this with the rest of our Team! I hope we get to see you again very soon!

Chrisitna Montalvo

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here overnight on our way up the coast. The room was large and nicely decorated. The bed was v comfy. The host Frank was so incredibly helpful and had such a nice sense of humour, he made a real impression on us both and we wished we could have stayed longer. The free breakfast was excellent also. I loved this place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwlondon29
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback!!! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again on your next visit to Santa Barbara!