“Nice Stay-Excellent Continental Breakfast”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
San Jose, California
“Nice Stay-Excellent Continental Breakfast”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Inn at East Beach is a couple of blocks from the beach. The hotel include free wireless, continental breakfast and parking. We were greeted warmly when we checked in and by the general manager in the morning.

My husband had no problem with the bed-I found it too sensitive to movements. The room is not air conditioned and I found it too hot. A ceiling and portable fan are provided and windows open.

The hotel has some nice touches-tray pulls out on both nightstands, a drawer in the sink area, nice quality toiletries and plenty of outlets.

The baked goods are from a local bakery and good quality. They had fresh fruit including strawberries (which were excellent). The hotel was very clean-I was impressed the staff was cleaning the windows and screens.

In the morning we enjoyed a walk along the beach path or the Wild Bird Sanctuary. You can walk to Stern's Wharf (although it is over a mile).

For the Santa Barbara venue where hotels are notoriously expensive, I found the value good and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia P
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your thoughts! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in Santa Barbara! I do understand about our lack of air conditioning and am currently working towards correcting that when we hit our next renovation period! Thank you once more and I do hope we will get to see you again soon!

Christina Montalvo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 June 2014

****** please ask to see the room prior to signing paperwork*****

Came the weekend of UCSB grad, over priced.

It's the standard California fixer upper roach hotel with fancy amenities transforming it to "boutique" status.

Great location. Hence the two stars.

Staff is very friendly!

Bed felt like Jello.

• Stayed June 2014
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Evan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do apologize that our rates are up to Santa Barbara's standars. While we are the least expensive hotel in our immediate area, we do have to keep up with the market in order to maintain our business. I further apologize that our beds were not to your liking. I understand that the level of softness we have chose cannot be to everyone's liking. I also apologize that you have viewed us as a "roach motel". I can assure you that we do not have a bug problem at our property. We do take extensive preventative measures to ensure we do not have such issues. Ecolab is quite efficient at this. Once again, I do apologize and I hope you have a nice day.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First off, Santa Barbara was beautiful! I did a 10 day road trip up the California coast with my 2 sisters and we were planning to stop in Santa Barbara for one night and then continue on our way. Between the cute and fun downtown area and the location of the hotel to the beach we extended our stay for one more night. The room was spacious and very clean. The location was great and the price was totally reasonable! I would recommend this place and come back for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest!

I am so excited that you had such a wonderful time with us!!! Thank you for taking a moment to tell us your thoughts! You just made my day! I will be sure to share this with the rest of my Team! I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again sometime real soon!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Decided to stay here based on tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The room was really good value, the bed was so comfortable with high quality furnishings. Loved all the little complimentary toiletries. Frank was very welcoming and gave us heaps of information about Santa Barbara.
Breakfast was very good quality with lots of different options - particularly liked all the Danish pastries.
Wish we could have stayed longer. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Charlie!

Thank you for your kind words! I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us! It is always so nice to comein and see reviews such as yours. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We read a few reviews on Tripadvisor, including those about Frank (general manager), and decided to book a stay for two nights. Frank is awesome - real personality and sense of humour (which goes a long way with me and my wife). He gave us useful information, had every possible bagel and muffin under the sun for breakfast (my wife was impressed) and even loaned us chairs to go and sit on the beach.

The room was clean and roomy and had a nice shower. There is also a small pool to dunk in which I enjoyed after a hot day of driving.

The wharf and State St areas are reachable by shuttle bus for just 50 cents one way (only runs until around 6pm) or you can drive there in under 10 minutes, so the location was fine for us. Also the beach is under 5 minutes away on foot.

Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us your thoughts! I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your time here! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again on your next trip to Santa Barbara!

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The welcome at this hotel is amazing. Frank (the owner) is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to the beach, the rooms are clean, well decorated and a good size. the breakfast was plentiful and varied, again served in Frank's inimitable style.
There is a shuttle bus very close by which will take you into town or to the pier for 50cents - it stopped quite early but we enjoyed the walk back each evening.
Santa Barbara was beautiful and this is a lovely place to stay to see it. Just far enough out of town for it to feel quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julienne L
Dear Guest!

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us! Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! It is such a glowing experience to read notes from happy guests! Than kyou for your kind words! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! We all hope to see you again soon!

Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were travelling, and selected this Inn from TripAdvisor's list for Santa Barbara. We arrived tired, and were greeted enthusiastically by Christina at the front desk, who showed us our room about twenty feet from the office. We like ground floor rooms, so the selection was perfect. The room was quiet, spotless, and included a huge shower\tub that was a real treat. The inn is across the street from the beach, just cut through the Hyatt parking lot. By the way, I am an early riser, out for a walk I asked the valets at the Hyatt about a coffee shop, they offered their lobby coffee, even knowing I wasn't their guest. Christina gave us a great recommendation for dinner, with a coupon for a free appetizer to boot. The morning complimentary breakfast was fantastic. Can't say enough about the inn. Would go back anytime.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am overjoyed to hear that you had such a good time with us! I just love it here and it makes my heart sing when others do too! Thank you for taking a moment to leave us such a nice review! I do hope we will get the honor of seeing you again real soon!