“Fantastic Place in East Beach”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
“Fantastic Place in East Beach”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We spent a week at Inn at East Beach and enjoyed every minute. The week started off with Frank (go there, now, and meet Frank!) giving us the low down on where to go, where to get deals - he was a one-man coupon and free dessert show! He also mans the breakfast station/room every day from 7:30-9:30, which was a great feature. Our room was very nice, with a nice big TV (which we never turned on, since we weren't there to watch TV), king bed, and very nice bathroom area (the huge sink was really cool!). When we make it back to Santa Barbara, we will definitely head back to Frank's place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Danny,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave us your thoughts! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and to know that you found our Frank as amazing as we do! I hope we will get to see you again on your next trip to Santa Barbara!

Christina Montalvo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Everything you need: bikes, boogie boards and sand toys. Great location at beach and close to downtown-state street.. Great fast breakfast.. and super friendly staff. Upstairs room quiet but no a/c was a little warm at night. They do supply fans..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! It is so great to know that you enjoyed you time with us! I do understand about our lack of air conditioning and am working to have it added during our next renovation process! I do hope we will have the opportunity to see you again!

Visalia, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I decided last minute to take a few days and go stay in Santa Barbara, I had never been and he had only been once for a work trip. Trying to stay near the water and keep the price reasonable local hotels kept popping up, but I had reservation on the quality I would get. Looking at trip advisor this hotel got great reviews so I gave it a chance and I could not have been happier. The rooms are nicely remodeled, the hotel staff is so welcoming and the location was perfect. We got a King suite with a kitchen (that was all the had left) and it was very nice. The kitchen was fully stocked not that we used it. We brought our bikes and were close enough to everything that we did not move out truck until the day we left. The parking is free and they have a nice big lot. The only thing I would warn some about is there is no AC. We live in the San Joaquin valley do we were fine with the windows open and the ceiling fan but that might not be cool enough for some in the summer months. The breakfast was free and yummy.............just a great hotel, I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your thoughts! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of my Team! I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back on your next trip to Santa Barbara!

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed one night at the Inn at East Beach and were very happy with our stay. The hotel is charming, clean, and in a great location, just across the street from across the street from the beach (i.e., cross a very quiet street to the Hyatt, then cross the next street to the beach).

Frank, the manager, is friendly and charming, and he and the front desk staff really strive to make your stay pleasant.

The one drawback is that the beds are somewhat soft, which can be problematic if you have a bad back. My travel companion recently had back surgery, and found the bed in the first room to be too soft. The woman at the front desk found another room for us, with a somewhat better mattress, though still a bit on the soft side.

However -- we would still stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone looking for nice lodging near the beach in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us your thoughts! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad to know that your second room was more comfortable than the first, however I do apologize that the beds were too soft. I understand back problems having some myself. Should you return to us, please let us know in advance and we will see about getting you to a room with a more firm mattress prior to your arrival!

California, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel for weekend getaway. From the very moment we checked in we knew the would be a fantastic weekend. The property manager "Frank" is a hoot! So friendly and informative about the property and things to soon Santa Barbara. You cannot help but laugh at this guys humor which gives you such a welcoming vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a standup comic job on State Street!!

The hotel is directly behind the Hyatt. Easy access to East Beach. Our unit, 112,was located in the back of the hotel and had a full kitchen, sitting area and nice bathroom and vanity area. The beds are amazingly comfortable! I didn't have any issues with noise and we did stay on a bottom floor. The hotel offers a continental breakfast which is includes coffee, bagels, fresh strawberries. Everything you would expect in a continental breakfast.

The price was a bit high, but I think it may have been due to the 4th of July weekend.

This is a quaint old school hotel. I suggest it for a week long vacation or quick weekend trip.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank FuninMexico50
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your kind words! Frank truly is amazing! I am so glad you enjoyed him as much as we do! I will be sure to share this with him! I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back again soon!

Chrisitna Montalvo
Haacht, Belgium
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Frank Santana is the man! The man who makes your stay in Santa Barbara a top experience. He is a master in hospitality. The energy he has to make every single guest feel like a VIP customer is incredible. I suppose that's why he is called being a true (alive and kicking) legend. Thank you for making this day and night during our road trip truly unforgettable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

This is by far one of the nicest things I've read! Thank you so much for taking a moment to write it! I will be certain that Frank sees it as well! I'm so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us! I hope we will get to see you back very soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

What a wonderful experience! 5 of us stayed only one night as we were just doing a stop over for a vineyard tour, but we all wish we could have stayed longer. I think we all agreed that Frank made the experience. The rooms were also quite nice and the beds very comfortable. Was surprised to find a continental breakfast available as we didn't know that was part of it. They had a large array of food and drinks. Great location by the beach but still close enough to State street that cab fare was reasonable or we could have taken a free trolley before a certain time of night. Would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Carolyn,

I am so excited to hear that you all enjoyed your time with us so much! Thank you so very much for taking a moment to tell us your thoughts! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will have the honor of seeing you back on your next trip to Santa Barbara!

Kindest Regards,