“Friendly, accommodating”

Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Yorba Linda, California
“Friendly, accommodating”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rooms were nice, free breakfast, wine free 3 nights a week, water bottles at front desk, as many as you need. The staff was very friendly. Close to everything, State Street, the Wharf, and train station. A little noisy on street side at the brewery, but fun to watch from your window.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Dale B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to give great service and it makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that you made it to our wine receptions and were able to explore the city. We hope to see you next time you are in Santa Barbara!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel is historic and right down town for those interested in restaurants and night life. I traveled here to see my son at UCSB and have stayed at numerous hotels in Santa Barbara. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The hotel desk staff and others I ran into were very accommodating, very eager to please, able to answer all sorts of questions from directions, restaurants and hard to find items. The usual Holiday Inn breakfast was perfect. The hotel room was small and I could hear footsteps from the floor above, but no other noise. It was rather dark in the shower as the light was closer to the door, but other then those complaints I thought the place was great. It is about 5-6 blocks from the ocean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Chicagoehc,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at our property. I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant visit with your son. It is always motivating for our staff to see positive reviews. We hope to see you next time you visit Santa Barbara!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Barbara. I loved how it wasn't "cookie cutter" like all other Holiday Inns I have stayed in the past. The front desk staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. One of the desk agents..I believe her name was Angie even walked me over to a restaurant when I wasn't sure of the directions! The lobby was beautiful with an amazing fountain and the desk agents made us feel like we were family! I will be returning soon again! Thank You for making my stay very memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Devin D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you next time you visit the area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had a fantastic stay! At first we didn't think we were going to get what we wanted. I then spoke to the hotel manager Douglas, and he fixed everything for us. The hotel is located perfectly in downtown Santa Barbara. The hotel staff recommended several places for us to go and we were treated like VIPs everywhere because we were staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed January 2013
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear papajin,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm happy that we were able to accommodate your requests. We hope to see you next time you visit Santa Barbara!
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I reserved one night online for $325 but when we arrived the desk clerk charged us $389. When I explained we had a $325 rate she said that the $389 rate was in the computer and that she couldn't change it. She finally backed down when I showed her the email confirming the $325 rate, and rang through a reimbursement. And then to our truly crummy room! It was on the first floor of a separate building that looked like an old motel, with floor to ceiling window along the entire length of the room. We had to leave the blackout curtains closed through the entire stay because otherwise passersby and people in cars could have looked right in at us. The furnishings and finishes were fine, typical Holiday Inn Express, and everything worked, but you'd think for the price we paid the room would have been better. Overpriced, even for pricey Santa Barbara.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CleoCalifornia
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear CleoCalifornia,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our level of service, cleanliness, and quality of our product are superior. We take all reviews seriously and your feedback will help us improve.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you are looking for excellent accommodations, superb service, very good value and prime location for downtown Santa Barbara, look no further than the Holiday Inn Express - Santa Barbara. I've stayed there many times over the past 6-months on business and haven't been disappointed once. I especially like the perfect location in the heart of downtown, walking distance to anywhere you want to go. The hotel has been beautifully renovated from it's historic days as the Hotel Virginia. Strongly suggest that you give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Greg W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We strive to give great service to all guests and it makes us happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I agree that our location is ideal for visiting the downtown shops and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property.
Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the HIE for one night. Great location to downtown and the pier (walking distance). The evening reception is always a nice touch. The room was clean and had everything we needed in good working order. The staff went above and beyond to answer our questions about the area and even told us about the free bikes available at the hotel you could check out for 3 hours. We did just that and had a wonderful bike ride around the town and on the bike path paralleling the beach. Everyone was super friendly. Breakfast was a typical HIE breakfast on the go but, the attendant was on top of things. I wouldn't have changed a thing about our stay and we can't wait to visit Santa Barbara again (and we'll stay at this location of course!) We loved it!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear momof2inva,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take the bikes out and explore more of the city. Our staff always appreciates reading positive reviews and being mentioned. We hope to see you next time you visit Santa Barbara!