“Cozy place, good location”
Review of Agave Inn

Agave Inn
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Cozy place, good location”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The Agave Inn Hotel is one of those cozy inns that gives a lot of attention to the details. The rooms were small (which we can see from the pictures of the hotel itself), but large enough for my husband and I in one night stay in our way to San Francisco. The decoration is clean and modern. I was concerned that we were going to have problems with the noise, since it's located in a very busy avenue of Santa Barbara and most rooms are faced to the street, but I slept very well, no noise at all, They offer some pastries, coffee and tea as a plus for the guests, it's not a full breakfast. However, they recommend this nice, genuine French cafe near the hotel, which has excellent croissant and coffee. Wi-Fi access was very good, I would suggest bigger towels in the bathroom - ours were too small.

Room Tip: Try the rooms in the first floor - no elevators!
Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed a few days ago at the Agave Inn in Santa Barbara. After I did a research for a place to stay and read the reviews, I was captivate by the 4 stars, location and price that Agave Inn offered. It was perfect to my budged. I booked a room few hours before my arrival at Santa Barbara. Remarkable outstanding stay. The room was clean with a comfortable bed.( I couldn't believe I slept for 10 hours when 6 hrs are normal to me.) Suzan and Wendy were extremely polite. Suzan took in consideration I was a solo traveler woman and she switched me to another room far from the street. It was very thoughtful of her. She also spend time giving me information about good places to get dinner. The included continental breakfast was good!. Everything was absolutely wonderful at the Agave Inn, and I could not have been happier. I highly recommend this place to travelers. And definitely, when I'm visiting Santa Barbara, I will book at the Agave Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lidia101
NYC
Reviewed 13 December 2013

It doesn't look like much from the outside, just another motel on a street full of simple motels. However, the rooms were surprisingly unique, cheery and comfortable, because of a few little touches that most motels would never think to add. The rooms, while still simple, feel as if you stepped into a boutique motel and left me thinking, 'Huh, I didn't expect this at all, this is excellent."

The staff were very friendly, the simple breakfast was a nice touch and the location is more than adequate.

I would definitely recommend this place, especially for the price.

Room Tip: While the room closest to the street might have some noise, we stayed in the room that was 2nd close...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Derek B
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great little motel with darling hospitable owners. The ladies are eager to help. I am from Santa Barbara and it is a great location with some good places to eat within easy walking distance. The prices are fabulous for Santa Barbara. No pool and really not a great place for kids but as a quick stop as you are traveling up or down the California coast it is a great value.

Room Tip: As far off the street as possible
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan C
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Agave Inn is a small motel in the heart of Santa Barbara. We had a tiny but very clean room. There are restaurants and shops nearby. The staff is friendly and helpful. For the location, it is very reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Good location, quiet at night even though on busy road, walking distance to lots of eating places. Room and bathroom were spacious and clean, we appreciated the small fridge and microwave. Bathroom supplies were plentiful. We also liked the table and plenty of good adjustable lighting. Parking could be a problem, there are limited spaces for guests but more is available next door. .For Santa Barbara the price was reasonable .We would stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marianne G
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and as we hadn't booked when we arrived we had to change rooms for the second evening. Staff moved our bags for us while we were out which was lovely. They were extremely welcoming, friendly and assisted with providing a map and some great local tips. The rooms are expensive, but you won't find anything cheaper in the area on State St, and not in the same condition. Rooms are decorated beautifully with a Mexican flair and they were spotless. Car parking available but quickly fills - easy to find a spot in the street to the back. Breakfast was simple as they stipulate but there is fruit available (a rarity I find at these places) and good coffee. In Santa Barabara, highly recommend going to The Funk Zone and visiting the vineyards there rather than going into the wine country so you don't have to drive. Thanks again for our pleasant stay!

• Stayed November 2013