“1st Time Occupant - NOT LAST!!!”
Review of Agave Inn

Agave Inn
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I contacted the Agave Inn because I had seen an article in the Los Angeles Times regarding affordable STAYS in Santa Barbara. Well, from making the reservation, to checking in and out, it was an easy stay. The room was clean, HD TV, comfy bed, breakfast in the morning along with, the L.A. Times set out for the occupants. It is on upper State St. and near to markets, bookstore, Harry's Bar and lots more. So happy I found this little jewel of an INN. Katherine Chapman Wetzel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katherine W

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

For the money I'd give it 5 stars. Really comfy bed. Good wifi signal. Clean room and all quite new. Coffee and muffins for breakfast and close access to restaurants, supermarkets etc.

The lady on reception was really nice and helpful too and although the room was close to a main road it was surprisingly quiet at night.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bertpalmer
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The woman who checked me in was warm & delightful providing lots of good restaurant/bakery info. There are plenty of places in the Gelson's shopping center across the street.
The room was small but stylish and cool. The bathroom was a good size for such a small room. The bed was comfortable. Wifi signal was spotty, but worked overall. My room was very quiet except when the people who parked in front of my door kept using their car alarm and chatting very loud as they came and went. Once they were in though it was peaceful and surprisingly quiet. I really liked this little place and will return. It's a great place to stay for 1-3 nights. Right off Las Positas/State it's only 1/4 mile or so from the freeway. Excellent location!

Room Tip: Room 8 was very quiet and furthest from the street of all the downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The rooml was small but clean. The bed appears to be full sizes which was small for two people. The rooms have a microwave, refrigerator and a strong Wifi signal which was free. In the morning they offer coffee, fruit, scones and muffins. It is situated about three miles from the downtown area. It is midway between downtown and Goleta. A Trader Joes is within a short walk on De La Vina Street if you want a snack. The Agave Inn is less expensive than hotels by the sea or in downtown; good value for your money.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by State Street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oc_bear
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The Agave Inn Hotel is one of those cozy inns that gives a lot of attention to the details. The rooms were small (which we can see from the pictures of the hotel itself), but large enough for my husband and I in one night stay in our way to San Francisco. The decoration is clean and modern. I was concerned that we were going to have problems with the noise, since it's located in a very busy avenue of Santa Barbara and most rooms are faced to the street, but I slept very well, no noise at all, They offer some pastries, coffee and tea as a plus for the guests, it's not a full breakfast. However, they recommend this nice, genuine French cafe near the hotel, which has excellent croissant and coffee. Wi-Fi access was very good, I would suggest bigger towels in the bathroom - ours were too small.

Room Tip: Try the rooms in the first floor - no elevators!
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed a few days ago at the Agave Inn in Santa Barbara. After I did a research for a place to stay and read the reviews, I was captivate by the 4 stars, location and price that Agave Inn offered. It was perfect to my budged. I booked a room few hours before my arrival at Santa Barbara. Remarkable outstanding stay. The room was clean with a comfortable bed.( I couldn't believe I slept for 10 hours when 6 hrs are normal to me.) Suzan and Wendy were extremely polite. Suzan took in consideration I was a solo traveler woman and she switched me to another room far from the street. It was very thoughtful of her. She also spend time giving me information about good places to get dinner. The included continental breakfast was good!. Everything was absolutely wonderful at the Agave Inn, and I could not have been happier. I highly recommend this place to travelers. And definitely, when I'm visiting Santa Barbara, I will book at the Agave Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lidia101
Reviewed 13 December 2013

It doesn't look like much from the outside, just another motel on a street full of simple motels. However, the rooms were surprisingly unique, cheery and comfortable, because of a few little touches that most motels would never think to add. The rooms, while still simple, feel as if you stepped into a boutique motel and left me thinking, 'Huh, I didn't expect this at all, this is excellent."

The staff were very friendly, the simple breakfast was a nice touch and the location is more than adequate.

I would definitely recommend this place, especially for the price.

Room Tip: While the room closest to the street might have some noise, we stayed in the room that was 2nd close...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple