“Very, very good Italian food!”
Review of Trattoria Vittoria

Trattoria Vittoria
Ranked #93 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2013

With all the eateries in town, you know it is a good restaurant when someone says they always eat here when then they come to Santa Barbara - and it's true!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had my mothers birthday party here and as a warm up to our trip to Italy. The couple that owns this restaurant were also restauranteurs in a little town in Northern Italy and they know how to cook. The bar pours perfect drinks and recipes are wonderful and so authentic you might loose track what country you are in. Well priced great service.. Have a great time.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife, teenaged daughters, and I ate dinner at Trattoria Vittoria on a Sunday night in June based on the recommendation of the manager of our hotel (Canary). We liked the vibe of the restaurant - it seems like there were more locals than tourists and the side street location was a little off of State Street. Our meal was good, and the service was good as well. We all had some form of pasta, and it was well-prepared. The service was also good. Overall, a very pleasant meal.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I enjoyed the seafood dishes I ordered. My dinner companions were disappointed in their meals. I'm not sure if they are trying to fuse the cuisine of northern and southern Italy with "California" cuisine. What I had was good, but not traditional Italian.
The bar crowd is VERY loud and this detracts from the ambiance encouraging diners to vacate ASAP.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Husband and I came across Trattoria Vittoria by accident; it's located on a side street off State Street, so you have to either know it's there or do what we did, go wandering in search of somewhere new to eat.

It was a Sunday night about 6:30, and the restaurant was about 2/3 full. We were seated promptly, and given both a carafe of ice water and a basket of fresh warm bread while we perused the menu.

Everything about our meal was superb, and I don't typically say that about any meal. We began with the Crostini Misti, which was just enough for two people to share. We followed that with the special salad for that particular day, and if I could have just eaten that alone I would have been a happy woman. Spring greens, fresh nectarine slices, blueberries, pistachios, feta cheese and a light vinaigrette, what's not to love?

Husband had the lasagna, which he said was very well prepared, meaty, with a good balance of flavors (not too heavy on any one ingredient). I had the Tortellini con Panna e Proscuitto, and it was very savory, perfectly prepared, cooked al dente, with just enough sauce to make me reach for a bit of bread lest any be left on the plate.

For dessert we shared the Rolatta Nutella, and while we hesitated at first at the thought of Nutella in a dessert, it was just right as the filling for the sponge cake that wrapped around it. A delicious end to the meal.

Our waiter, Shayne, was exceptionally attentive and extremely knowledgeable. I have a daughter in the restaurant trade; I know how rare outstanding waitstaff can be. Shayne really was outstanding. He was familiar with the specials, and could easily describe various dishes on the menu, indicating his preferences among them. He recommended the Tortellini, and the Rolatta Nutella, and he was spot on right about how good both were. He also suggested Paraiso Pinot Noir to go with my Tortellini, bringing me a sample in a wine glass so that I could see whether I liked it before pouring me an entire glass. He checked on us throughout the meal, made sure we had everything we wanted, and promptly changed the dishes for each course. Between the excellently prepared food and his attentive service, our meal was a surprisingly memorable one.

As far as the restaurant itself goes, it is not a large place, and one entire wall is taken up by a considerable bar. The noise level is also fairly constant; this is not a place to go if you want a quiet meal with only the sound of silverware on plates to accompany it. However, it has a very warm, inviting decor and the majority of the tables are intended for two or four.

We look forward to dining at Trattoria Vittoria again, and heartily recommend it.