“Excellent Hilton property.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Hilton property.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Loved the room. Had a window seat! Hadn't seen that before. Also had a comfy couch, occasional chair and nice furniture. The location is close to a lot of major Silicon Valley companies, the new SF 49ers stadium is being built right behind the hotel - so you could walk to the game .

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I love the window seats also in the room. They are very comfortable.
Plus you can look out at the the new Levi Stadium or Great America

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Loved this hotel! Everything was clean, and we were on the 8th floor, 3 doors down from the Executive Lounge with the Continental Breakfast. The lounge was really nice, good selections on coffee, food, and fruit - all with a super view of Great America and the in-progress 49-ers stadium. The staff was always will to chat about it - it was welcoming to see them excited about changes.

Room Tip: Look for a AAA rate and the executive lounge
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I really appreciate your kind words about the Hotel and the staff.
It always helps when you are on the road and have a pleasant stay somewhere. It makes traveling easier.

Happy Valley, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice new property with free parking, conveniently located right next to Great America and off HIghway 101. Good coffee bar and restaurant on property, with a cute pool are and exercise room. Taking a mid-day break from a day at Great America was easy, just walk across the parking lot. Comfortable rooms with a nice window bench for enjoying the sunshine and complimentary paper. The cucumber, mint and citrus infused water in the lobby was a nice touch. Fridge in room, In-and-Out within 1.5 miles (open until 1:00 pm for late night hunger pains), perfect for my young pre-teen boys with huge appetites.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room on the Great America side if you want to see the fireworks from your window.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Yes, we do have a great location, and I love the mint water in the lobby.
Glad we were a great palce to stay for you.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked into this hotel to attend a wedding. Not much in the immediate area since it is on a highway. However, there is a big amusement park behind it. Also the 49ers stadium is being built nearby.

The king size bed was comfortable. There were a lot of toilet articles in the bathroom. What I did not like was that one had to pay $10 per day for wifi. Hilton makes you pay for wifi which I think is cheap. Many properties include free wifi nowadays. It is disappointing when it is not provided.

The restaurant had pleasant personnel who were attentive. The food was alright. For dinner on our first night, we had hamburgers topped with blue cheese. It was delicious.
The buffet breakfast was filling and included a made to order omelet. There were sausages, scrambled eggs, fruits, cereals and some pastries.

We wanted to go to the Winchester House. The front desk was very helpful and called for a car. The drive to the House was a mere 15 minutes and cost us $30 one way.

There was a swimming pool but it was quite small.

Our stay was generally pleasant, particularly because of the friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The staff makes all the difference in a stay. I am pleased that our team represented the Hilton Brand. I appreciate your business and I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

Dayton, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was in San Jose for a family celebration, planned to just stay overnight, but decided to extend my stay another day. The hotel I'd booked for the first night was full, so I got on Priceline, put in my bid for a 4-star hotel, and won a night at Hilton Santa Clara, near the Great America theme park and the new SF 49ers stadium.
The lobby was nice enough, though populated by more than a few noisy, unsupervised children. The hall outside my 2nd floor room needed vacuuming, and when I left STILL needed vacuuming. The room itself was nothing special, certainly not furnished like I expect a room in a 4-star hotel to look, and hadn't been well-maintained. There were stains, and what looked like gum on the carpets, and the furniture had seen some abuse. When I returned to the hotel after a family gathering, I was looking forward to having a drink in a quiet lounge, but there's was nothing but a crowded, noisy sports bar available. This hotel might be a Hilton, but it plays more like a Ramada. On the plus side, parking is free and there is free Wifi in the common areas. The location is great for the theme park, and when the stadium opens, it's almost walking distance. You can get a good price on rooms, but this hotel is definitely not a 4-star experience.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any sports/children's groups staying, and ask for a room away from them.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We did not live up to our 4 Star commitments to you and your family and I apologize. We feel we have the standards and staff to do so. When we let someone down it is a disappointment.
Our trip Advisor ranking and our Hilton scores tell us we are doing a great job but sometimes we "miss it". I hope you will give us a second chance.

Goodyear, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We attended a wedding, the dinner afterwards was held on this hotel in one of the ballrooms.
This was a formal occasion, I was in a suit and tie.
Dinner was served - we choose chicken, It started ok until half-way thru - a piece of hair sticks out. Disgusting. I talked to the food server (waiter), lets just call them Felipe and Juaquin, I showed them the hair embedded and sticking out in the chicken, they in turn, told the chef. They came back to me and said the chef has offered - I can have another plate for free - my reply was - no thank you, after that, all my appetite has gone away. I also informed the front desk, all they offered was an apology. A hotel of this caliber and star rating is not what you expect, specially when dealing with food. The staff handled the situation poorly, including the chef. For the price that was paid for the food and the venue - not worth it. Spend your money somewhere else. Event was on August 31, 2013. Next time, I'll take a picture - its worth a thousand words. Hilton failed on this one.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
I want to apologize for the unacceptable situation that occurred. The way the staff handled it was not up to our standards. I will use your comments as a training opportunity for my staff.

Arroyo Grande, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was a trip for our family to visit Great America. We chose this hotel because it was walking distance to the park and we didn't have to pay to park at Great America. The hotel was extremely clean and well cared for which is VERY important to me! The staff was great. At check-in we requested a floor that our friends were on and there were no rooms initially, but she switched some things around and made it happen. The buffet breakfast was OUTSTANDING..lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Plus all the usual stuff. Room was very quiet. I do wish the AC was allowed to be set lower than 60 degrees...we like it colder when we sleep. Loved the nice, business park location. Highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Clean room, good food, friendly staff; that’s all it takes. Thank you for your visit!!