“not worth it”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 3 December 2013

poor food, over rated, non disclosure of forced tips, and delivery fees for room service, no refrigerator for medications, heating/cooling not up to par. For the price we could have stayed at another hotel near by and received better value for the money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

I was very disappointed to read your review. I apologize for the poor experience you encountered. I reviewed the In Room Dinning menus and did confirm all fees and charges are listed. I am sorry you did not see them. Occasionally we may have an issue with our HVAC system. If you would like to contact me and give me a room number that would help a great deal. I have shared you food comments with the Hotels F&B Manager. Our Chefs expedite all food that comes out of the kitchen for final approval. If we missed one, we are truly sorry.
We do hope you will come back and try us again.

Erich Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I meant to do this last summer but forgot. We stayed at the Hilton Santa Clara twice between June and July, 2013. I can't say enough about the Staff. Some of the nicest, most efficient people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Seriously! The rooms are standard Hilton with the usual Hhonors stuff, but the people working here make this a place I will always book first when I'm staying on the south side of the Bay!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view of the new 49ers Stadium and San Jose!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Got the hotel for under $100 via expedia and it delivered. Good location, comfy king bed room. Easy check in service. I would definitely recommend staying here if you get it for $150 or under. Would give it a 5 rating but the carpeting was a little worn in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I agree with an earlier reviewer that this is a very good $150 room. Too bad that they justify charging you $300 because that is what their nearby competition is doing. I stayed here as part of a group - in the future, when making my own travel plans, I will certainly stay at a less expensive property even if it is farther away. Internet should be included at no extra charge in both the lobby and the rooms.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was there november 2013, the hotel had a good parking space, lobby is fine and my room was clean. Bed was little squeaky but okay.
The thing that I hated the most is that they charge you for internet, 10 us$ for 24 hours and that I think is crazy.
Everybody needs to access the internet and in most of the good hotels I visit there is free wifi but not at the Hilton Santa Clara and for that I will not be back... sorry

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Just Okay is not good enough for us.
I can certainly understand your concerns with internet charges as you travel.
In this market all major brand full service hotels do charge.
It is free in our lobby, restaurant and bar which are a great plus.
I do hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I went during a large conference when the hotel was sold out, so I had to pay $300 per night. This hotel was not worth $300 per night. It is worth the price of a typical 4-star hotel (~$150 per night).

If you pay a reasonable price for this hotel, then I think you will be satisfied. The gym is 24/7 which is nice and convenient. The carpet seemed a little old, but no big deal. It's a typical Hilton with a professional level of service. It won't knock your socks off, hence the 4-star, but it'll do.

Right across from the convention center, and walking distance to Great America.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear HappyBelly,

First a very sincere thank you for staying with us. I know you have choices.
The Santa Clara market can be at times very busy which does reflect in the price.
Look at booking as far out as possible to take advantage of even better rates.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

It's my second time to stay in Hilton Santa Clara in this year.

The main advantage in staying in this hotel is that it's close to a number of tech firms that I need to have business. Some are within walking distance while some can be reached by a short drive.

Thanks to my Diamond HHonor membership, my reservation is upgraded to an executive suite (622 and 623) that I appreciate. Similar to my previous stay, the room is big, the bed is comfortably good, and the Wi-Fi connection is great. The amenities inside the room are also great.

Since I checked-in only after 7:30pm, I did not have the evening snacks in the lounge but I did have a good breakfast there. The food is ok and the Staff in the lounge is very polite and attentive.

The fitness center is great - I've a great workout by using their treadmill and weight equipments. I did not try their outdoor pool.

In summary, it's worth staying in this hotel again whenever I visit Santa Clara.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Edward AA

Thank you for staying with us. Also for your wonderful comments.
Nothing better then starting your day with a nice breakfast plus in the Club Lounge its even free!! Thank you for your Hilton loyalty.