“A bit pricey but great location”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,679 helpful votes
“A bit pricey but great location”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Very decent hotel well situated across from the Santa Clara Convention Center. I stayed here during the STRATA conference. Convenience was paramount for me, and the Hilton did not disappoint. I could run back and forth across the trolley tracks during the day rather than deal with fetching and driving the car back to a hotel in a remote location. Check-in was painless and the surroundings were clean and well kept.

My room featured a comfortable king size bed and well equipped bathroom with hair dryer slung behind the door. The shower bath combo was one of those retrofit ensembles, however, and the very low shower head nozzle might have been an issue for someone above six feet. In addition, the bathroom sink drain could have definitely used a dose of Drano.

Internet was free for me, Mr. Hilton Gold, and breakfast was served on the executive lounge four floors above. It wasn’t the greatest meal I've had by a long-shot, but it was okay. There were fresh fruit, somewhat pasty oatmeal, and precooked scrambled eggs with vegetable, sausage, and cheese fixins’ to put on top. The lady who works the lounge was very sweet. When we asked is there were any jalapeño peppers for our eggs, she ran downstairs to get us a private bowl. All in all, the food was pretty good. Sadly, the coffee was limited to an automatic dispenser which rendered my cappuccino to airline quality.

My biggest gripe was probably the mysterious humming noise that woke me up several times during both nights of my stay. The front desk promised to comp me with honors points and escalate the issue to the Director of Engineering so that appropriate action could be taken. I wasn't sure if the noise was related to a nearby service elevator or, as suggested, the hotel ventilation system. Either way, to be safe, I would not choose that particular room and have listed it as one of my hints.

All in all, a respectable hotel, but one that charged for its location. This was no bargain property. For the conference, management bumped the price nearly $100 above its normal rate and comparable properties located further away. If convenience is worth it to you, pay the premium. Otherwise, you can probably live just as comfortably for a lot less money if you’re willing to accept the hassle of a commute.

Room Tip: Avoid room 438 if you’re a light sleeper.
3 Thank Cherry_Wonderdog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We've stayed here several times over the past few months and each time Barry at the executive lounge has made us feel beyond welcome. Here's a true example of someone going above and beyond...right down to heating up cookies for us after dinner. Check in has also always been a breeze. Kudos to Hilton on a customer focused staff.

• Stayed February 2014
Otisville, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights when we visited my son in Palo Alto. The staff was very accommodating and friendly!! The hotel was very clean. We stayed on the concierge floor and took advantage of the buffet breakfast. We will stay here again!!

Room Tip: Our room was in the rear of the hotel overlooking Levis Stadium. It very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Roseville, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The room was clean. Room service was prompt and the food was good. The bed was comfortable and the noise level was low so I slept very well. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay. The only problem was my own fault because I forgot my phone charger in the room and it was never turned in so I was not able to get it back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here and coordinated a stay for 10 of my leadership as part of a visit to the Valley. Good location and nice accommodations. Rooms were spacious and clean. Price seemed a bit high for the area but the hotel seems fairly new. Staff was very kind and welcoming. Nice lobby area, a Starbucks, and a good restaurant rounded out the amenities. My team did comment that the workout area was very small given the size of the hotel. Overall, I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2014

There's really not a lot to write about this hotel. The room was fine, the staff were mostly good. Its a solid, business class hotel, but arguably lacks the facilities of some of its larger peers. It is located in an area surrounded by bland office buildings. If you want to go somewhere for dinner or to the mall or the movies, there isn't much that is accessible without a car, which is a hassle if you don't have a car or don't want to keep shelling out money on taxis. If all you need is a room and close location to silicon valley then it is a perfectly good choice. If you have to spend the weekend there, you might consider staying somewhere nearer to a richer set of entertainment options.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
OK is not good enough.
If we dont WOW you, we are not doing our job.
A Hotel is just a building if we do not make your stay special.
I am sorry we did not win you over !

Erich Smith
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I wish every Hilton was as delightful as this one. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The Executive lounge was wonderful, with a staff member there EVERY time I went in, a delicious snack spread, and a delicious (and fresh) breakfast. I would gladly stay here again, and would recommend you do too!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!