“My favorite San Jose hotel!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Norman, Oklahoma
“My favorite San Jose hotel!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Love, love, love this hotel! Mainly I love it because of the ALL the staff. So friendly, so helpful , and so eager to help you ! Smiles and happy faces on everyone.
It is next to the new 49'ers football stadium and I hope it stays the same great hotel when the crowds start coming. I think it will because the GM, Erich ,seems to have customer service at the top of his requirements .
This trip I needed a light bulb changed in my bathroom . I saw an engineer-Jack in the hall. Told him. And "pronto" my bulb was fixed. That is how everything happens at this hotel.
Oh they have a wonderful and again very friendly car service which I used this trip .
Can't go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and stay at a variety of hotels including many Hiltons. This one was fabulous! I felt like a big shot the whole time! From the bell service upon arrival through front desk check in and check out and also the service at the executive lounge...everyone was the peak of friendliness and service even though I was dressed very casually in shorts and a T shirt. The hotel itself was very comfortable and well decorated. I will definitely be staying here again!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is directly across from the Santa Clara Convention Center and the future Levi Stadium. I stayed here for the Strata Conference and I was very impressed with both the conference and hotel.

The hotel staff was very nice from the check-in to even room service. I had the chance to use the Executive Lounge and was very pleased with their breakfast that I ate their every morning before heading across the tracks to the conference.

I did get a chance to eat dinner at the La Fontana restaurant several times. I had the rib-eye and that was delicious. Rosa recommended the Angus Burger with blue cheese and she was right on. For dessert, the chocolate molten cake and the bundt cake were both tasty.

I chose not to rent a car I chose to take a taxi from the airport in since I wasn't familiar with the area. There isn't a shuttle that I was aware of. On the trip back to the airport I decided to take the VTA light rail since the Great American stop right in front of the SC Convention Center. A minimal price for light rail ride and a free bus ride and I was back at the airport.

I'm looking forward to coming back here again for another conference or a Niners game in the future.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I try to always stay at this hotel when traveling to Silicon Valley. The location is good, convenient to many of the area businesses. The rooms are nice, and well maintained. If you have access to the hilton Honors, lounge, they have a nice breakfast, and evening hors d'oeuvres.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good location, comfortable rooms, good service. Staff was very helpful. Ravi (lady in executive lounge) showed really great/warm hospitality. Parking lot is easy for daily in and out. Will definitely stay in this hotel on my future trips to San Jose.

Monterey, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This hilton has easy access off of highway 101 and lots of free parking.
The hotel is very clean, from the outside grounds to the guest rooms. I had an awesome view of the new stadium being built, that made my day, I am a big sports fan.
The staff was friendly and attentive, check in was a breeze. I do have to acknowledge a staff member, her name is Laurel, she is in guest services. My fiancé forgot the toothpaste and Laurel brought some up to our room. We felt bad because at the moment we did not have any tip money, but Laurel told my fiancé " don't worry, is there anything else I can bring for you". Wow!!, that is service. I did leave a tip at front desk the next morning.
We visited the executive lounge, the food and service was " spot on". We did not get the name of the employee who worked the lounge on Valentines day, but he was outstanding.
Overall I had a wonderful stay and will definitely stay again.
Memo to the manager: please acknowledge the employees I mentioned in this review, I hope you can reward them in some way.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,662 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Very decent hotel well situated across from the Santa Clara Convention Center. I stayed here during the STRATA conference. Convenience was paramount for me, and the Hilton did not disappoint. I could run back and forth across the trolley tracks during the day rather than deal with fetching and driving the car back to a hotel in a remote location. Check-in was painless and the surroundings were clean and well kept.

My room featured a comfortable king size bed and well equipped bathroom with hair dryer slung behind the door. The shower bath combo was one of those retrofit ensembles, however, and the very low shower head nozzle might have been an issue for someone above six feet. In addition, the bathroom sink drain could have definitely used a dose of Drano.

Internet was free for me, Mr. Hilton Gold, and breakfast was served on the executive lounge four floors above. It wasn’t the greatest meal I've had by a long-shot, but it was okay. There were fresh fruit, somewhat pasty oatmeal, and precooked scrambled eggs with vegetable, sausage, and cheese fixins’ to put on top. The lady who works the lounge was very sweet. When we asked is there were any jalapeño peppers for our eggs, she ran downstairs to get us a private bowl. All in all, the food was pretty good. Sadly, the coffee was limited to an automatic dispenser which rendered my cappuccino to airline quality.

My biggest gripe was probably the mysterious humming noise that woke me up several times during both nights of my stay. The front desk promised to comp me with honors points and escalate the issue to the Director of Engineering so that appropriate action could be taken. I wasn't sure if the noise was related to a nearby service elevator or, as suggested, the hotel ventilation system. Either way, to be safe, I would not choose that particular room and have listed it as one of my hints.

All in all, a respectable hotel, but one that charged for its location. This was no bargain property. For the conference, management bumped the price nearly $100 above its normal rate and comparable properties located further away. If convenience is worth it to you, pay the premium. Otherwise, you can probably live just as comfortably for a lot less money if you’re willing to accept the hassle of a commute.

Room Tip: Avoid room 438 if you’re a light sleeper.