“Fine stay”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our family stayed here for a trip recently and we had a fine experience. We booked the club level based on a special offer and enjoyed the extra amenities. We did request a room not by the elevator and an early check-in, neither of which could be honored during our stay. No big deal, we could not hear the elevator noise and wound up cruising around town, but the desk tried to honor our requests. The rooms were typical Hilton quality, clean, fresh, reasonably up-to-date in terms of style. Parking was no additional cost, which is very nice. Pleased by the overall value of the stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spent the night here before going to a show in Mountain View last weekend. Ample parking, nice property and close to freeways, casual dining options, directly next to Great America theme park. Also, the new Levi Stadium is right there, so starting Fall 2014 on the weekend this will be very busy!

Heads up- think they are going to start charging for parking, which kinda sucks. As of 5/31 parking was complimentary. Looks like they are going to try and capitalize off the new stadium's proximity to the property. (I always hate paying for parking when staying somewhere...pet peeve)

Overall, if you need something clean, comfortable and convenient- good spot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I love the 3 C's Comfy, Clean and Close.
We are all of those !

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for 5 nights. Looked over Great America and the newly built Levi's stadium, a lovely view. The staff are welcoming. If you have access by way of Hhonors member or a room on The Executive floor there is a good choice of cereals, scrambled egg, breakfast potatoes, fresh fruit yoghurt and toast/bagels. Evening snacks as well as access all day to soft drinks and coffee. We were upgraded after two days to The executive/ hilton honours floor as they were so busy. (I am a Diamond member.) However all the rooms are the same with just dressing gowns and upgraded bathroom amenities on the Exec floors. Furnishings and carpets are a little tired. Small pool and tiny gym on site. Beds are super comfy. Air con units a bit noisy on the top floor, but you get a great view, 4th floor was quiet. It's a pity the outside space is so small, Marriott and Hyatt is better if you want to enjoy outside space. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Great America facing rooms are quieter. Air con units on roof make floor 8 the noisiest. All rooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

SG,

Glad you would stay again. That is what ultimately matters.
thank you for your comments on the lounge.
I have reviewed them wit the team.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review, so that should tell you something...

This was a music trip for my son's school. We take a trip like this each year and I do all the planning for the entire music department. From the very beginning, the service here was excellent. The planning process was seamless. I did not want to book through Hilton's call-center, so instead I contacted the hotel directly. They were friendly, prompt, and efficient in all our dealings. We took just over 100 students on this trip and booked 30 rooms. Heather was wonderful to work with and very patient with us regarding hoops we had to jump through at the school level to get everything approved. She touched base with me regularly, answered all my questions regardless of how silly they seemed, and went above and beyond to provide excellent service.

I asked ahead of time if we could possibly get into a few of our rooms early so students could change a prepare for their competitions that night. When we arrived they had ALL of our rooms ready for early check-in!! I was blown away. Seriously? 30 rooms were READY for early check-in!

Check-in was extraordinary. Truly. I mentioned before, we do a large trip like this each year. The check-in process for 30+ rooms and 100+ people is often complicated and frustrating. At the Hilton Santa Clara, I walked in, gave my name, and they were ready for me. They handed me a block of keys that were already prepared. Each key pocket had the names of each guest typed on them. I didn't have to pull out my complicated list. I didn't have to do ANYTHING, but read the names and hand my students keys as they walked in. It was amazing. Truly, the simplest check-in process I've ever experienced. Something that usually takes more than an hour to sort out took me 10 minutes. Wow.

During the process, they upgraded my room to a beautiful king room without me even asking (I never would have asked for such a thing!). When I went up to my room, there was a personalized card to me from Royce and Heather along with a box of chocolates! The gesture alone was unexpected and so sweet...but the thought that someone must have run it up to the new room in a matter of minutes after they upgraded me is far beyond anything I would ever expect. Just another example of their stellar service.

Every employee we encountered was wonderful. Everyone at the front desk was always cheerful and kind. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing and working with them. The maids that we saw from time to time always smiled and said hello. The staff members out at the pool were very nice and patient with our students. Everyone always seemed to be in a good mood, which speaks volumes about the environment itself. They seem generally happy to be working there!

Several of our students left items out at the pool. We inquired about them at the front desk and every item was there. One of the items was an expensive iPhone! Staff was careful to ask identifying questions about each item to ensure it was being returned to the correct person. I appreciate how thorough they were, but especially how honest their employees must be considering ALL of our items were found and turned in.

The entire hotel was spotless. The rooms were beautiful. Beds were comfy (I slept like a baby!). Noise was not an issue at all. Breakfast in the morning was SUPERB!! Beautiful dining area with excellent staff and yummy food.

After breakfast, I parked myself in the lobby and handed out Great America tickets as students came down from their rooms. I had the pleasure of chatting with several other guests who were staying there. Everyone I spoke with was equally thrilled with their stay and the service the hotel provided.

I later found out the hotel was also hosting a dance competition AND a wedding during the same weekend. As if the impression they had given me was not already amazing...now I realize they did it all while hosting two additional large groups/events and pulled it all off without a hitch. They. Are. Pros.

Thank you Hilton Santa Clara for the WONDERFUL stay. We will definitely be back. You have set the bar so high, I don't think anyone else could ever come close to matching you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Allyson W

Allyson,

You review overwhelmed me. Thank you so much for your business and your comments.
It was one of the most detailed and informative reviews I have ever read. I did share your comments with Heather.
Thank you so much.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good standard Hilton quality hotel. Personnel is exceptional though - very helpful especially at reception, concierge desk, and breakfast. Special thanks to Lui S. from concierge desk, who noticed I could not find what I was looking for in the little shop behind reception. He asked what it was, I said AA batteries - all I could find at the hotel and conference center were AAA batteries. He disappeared, and came back 2 minutes later with 2 AA batteries that he just gave to me. I have rarely seen that from hotel personnel.

At breakfast, custom made omelets are part of the buffet - don't be afraid to order one, they are delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton over a weekend trip to Great America. The service was great as we found the first room we were allocated too loud and were given a number of other rooms to pick from. However, we did find that the other rooms were only slightly quieter.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevators/ice machines are loudest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kira O
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very nice Hilton property in a prime location. Nicely located if you are in town to visit any of the major tech companies in San Jose/Sunnyvale. Very close to the 49'ers new Levi's Stadium and Great America amusement park as wel. Staff was very courteous. There's a cafe as well as a restaurant on the ground floor. The room rates were reasonable (through our corporate discount), but I imagine prices will be sky high during game time. The light rail station is also very close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#2 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!