Hilton Santa Clara
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)
  • Restaurant
1,394 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelevi stadiumla fontanatailgate partyconvention centeramusement parklight railparking lotsilicon valleygreat america theme parkfree parkingfootball gamenice roomfront desk staffking bedbusiness tripravi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you're simply wondering if this is a good place to stay you can stop reading; it is. A perfect location for the convention center, Levi's Field or Great America, all within a short walking distance with crosswalks at the intersections.

This property started off with a bang, Ritz-Carlton type of service. I phoned around noon to see if I could get an early check-in and my query was met with an enthusiastic "yes" by Dorothy who told me to make sure I asked for her when I arrived. I did and she gave me the impression she was genuinely glad I was their guest. A quick lunch followed, served by Lambert who, again, made me feel very welcome. I received my Hilton Diamond amenities without having to ask for them.

I am not a Sports Bar kind of guy, so I enjoy dining in a proper restaurant, which is one of the reasons I choose Hiltons. Interestingly, this property closes their restaurant in the evenings, so you are forced to eat in the bar with televisions, people in bathing suits (wearing cover ups) and flip flops walking through and a cacophony caused by the music in the lobby competing with the TV.

I stayed on the Executive Floor and the lounge is one of the nicest I've found, exceeded only by the Bombay Bicycle Club in the downtown Milwaukee Hilton. Well-stocked with a friendly staff, too. Unfortunately, I was driven from the lounge both on Saturday evening and Sunday morning by a guest couple who thought that the Executive Lounge was the ideal spot to allow their 2 year old to make noise and run around on the window seat. While not the fault of the hotel...it wasn't the quiet experience I was craving.

Sunday dinner was very strange. Again in the bar, again with bathing-suit clad strollers and one woman who thought this was the perfect place for her cell phone conversation. Beyond that, my server acted as if I offended her from the moment she came to my table. As had been my experience throughout my stay, the food was great (although my vanilla bean dessert this evening had three scoops of ice cream vs. the one I had on Friday which had only two!) but the service was not acceptable. It took about 25 minutes to get a burger and, when delivered, I asked for some mustard. When my server returned with a bottle of Dijon and promptly departed, I struggled to try to remove the plastic seal, in vain. Since she had left, I arose, went to the dining room and found Lambert who rescued me and brought me some additional ketchup and said he would try to find some regular yellow mustard. As he and I were speaking, I noticed my server was sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant with some other employees. (She had four tables in the bar she was taking care of).

Finally, I had asked that my adult beverage be put on a separate ticket, which it was. Since I was going to charge my dinner to my room but wanted to pay cash for my drink, I awaited my server's return to take care of the drink, after she left my dessert. Finally, I gave up, left the table and went to the front desk to get change so that I could take care of that portion of the bill.

I would definitely return to this property and most of the employees really have a "my pleasure" attitude. My primary recommendation would be to open the restaurant for those of us who prefer a quiet, more formal dinner and make sure that anyone who is wait staff is genuinely interested in their work.

Lambert and Dorothy stand out as examples of what hospitality is about.

Room Tip: You can get a great view of the stadium and Great America on the south side, if you wish.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HoosierTravelers08
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great location for the new 49ers stadium. An easy walk to both Levi's stadium and Great America. Customer service is always exceptional. The Executive lounge is awesome. We stay here everytime we come to the area. Very clean rooms, heated pool, nice restaraunt/bar.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jensplayin22
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We are the perfect place to stay if you want to go to Great America !
Just walk out our back gate and you are there.

Erich Smith

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Spent two nights here for the Antiques Roadshow. The amenities were good, place was clean, very friendly staff. The restaurant was fair and a bit pricey, but when you are tired and hungry and don't want to loose your parking space directly in front, it was okay. They were short staffed so served us in the bar area, which was crowded with people eating, while the restaurant had only a few people in it - go figure. Their is a Starbucks on site, but it is run by the restaurant and they take orders for those sitting at tables in the morning, so expect slow service as a walk up. This hotel is in great proximity to the Santa Clara Convention Center so we just walked over. That in itself, was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I love the Antiques Roadshow. I am glad we helped make your stay stay wonderful.

Erich Smith

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel is worth the rate. Location made it easy to get to all of our activities. Great if you plan to attend the football game...In walking distance. Excellent location and nicely kept. Breakfast buffet was well-stocked, fresh and diverse. Never enjoyed a hotel breakfast before and I thought it was worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank d0ritah
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great experience. The staff was friendly; our room was spacious and clean. Only negative was that we were told we had $40.00 credit to use at the hotel. When we received our bill the credit had not been applied. As soon as we brought the error to their attention, however, they promptly adjusted our bill.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple