“This Place is Great.”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Portland, United States
“This Place is Great.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff at this hotel is incredible. Everyone was extra friendly and helpful. I can honestly say this was the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Also, it's an easy walk to California's Great America. It's a short drive to great shopping and dinning as well.

2 Thank Jesse C
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I agree with what you wrote, "The staff at this hotel is incredible".
We take a lot of pride in our #2 ranking!

Thank you.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Round Rock, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The restaurant had interesting items and prepared them well. The wine list was decent. The room was very nice. The internet connection was slow and not very reliable. The fitness room was very small with two treadmills and two ellipticals and one bicycle

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here and the location is perfect , near the stadium and also Great America park and also Great America Mall . The swimming pool is small but adequate and is clean . We had our dinner at the lounge as the big dining room was closed . We had the flat steak dinner , Caesars salad as well as their calamari for appetizer . Everything came in huge sizes and very good . Steak was tender and juicy . The calamari was perfect . The caesars salad had the creamy type dressing .good but not as perfect as the Calamari . For dessert we had Cheese cake .

Pearl,
We are thinking about changing our name to Hilton Santa Clara at the Stadium !!
What do you think?

Indiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you're simply wondering if this is a good place to stay you can stop reading; it is. A perfect location for the convention center, Levi's Field or Great America, all within a short walking distance with crosswalks at the intersections.

This property started off with a bang, Ritz-Carlton type of service. I phoned around noon to see if I could get an early check-in and my query was met with an enthusiastic "yes" by Dorothy who told me to make sure I asked for her when I arrived. I did and she gave me the impression she was genuinely glad I was their guest. A quick lunch followed, served by Lambert who, again, made me feel very welcome. I received my Hilton Diamond amenities without having to ask for them.

I am not a Sports Bar kind of guy, so I enjoy dining in a proper restaurant, which is one of the reasons I choose Hiltons. Interestingly, this property closes their restaurant in the evenings, so you are forced to eat in the bar with televisions, people in bathing suits (wearing cover ups) and flip flops walking through and a cacophony caused by the music in the lobby competing with the TV.

I stayed on the Executive Floor and the lounge is one of the nicest I've found, exceeded only by the Bombay Bicycle Club in the downtown Milwaukee Hilton. Well-stocked with a friendly staff, too. Unfortunately, I was driven from the lounge both on Saturday evening and Sunday morning by a guest couple who thought that the Executive Lounge was the ideal spot to allow their 2 year old to make noise and run around on the window seat. While not the fault of the hotel...it wasn't the quiet experience I was craving.

Sunday dinner was very strange. Again in the bar, again with bathing-suit clad strollers and one woman who thought this was the perfect place for her cell phone conversation. Beyond that, my server acted as if I offended her from the moment she came to my table. As had been my experience throughout my stay, the food was great (although my vanilla bean dessert this evening had three scoops of ice cream vs. the one I had on Friday which had only two!) but the service was not acceptable. It took about 25 minutes to get a burger and, when delivered, I asked for some mustard. When my server returned with a bottle of Dijon and promptly departed, I struggled to try to remove the plastic seal, in vain. Since she had left, I arose, went to the dining room and found Lambert who rescued me and brought me some additional ketchup and said he would try to find some regular yellow mustard. As he and I were speaking, I noticed my server was sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant with some other employees. (She had four tables in the bar she was taking care of).

Finally, I had asked that my adult beverage be put on a separate ticket, which it was. Since I was going to charge my dinner to my room but wanted to pay cash for my drink, I awaited my server's return to take care of the drink, after she left my dessert. Finally, I gave up, left the table and went to the front desk to get change so that I could take care of that portion of the bill.

I would definitely return to this property and most of the employees really have a "my pleasure" attitude. My primary recommendation would be to open the restaurant for those of us who prefer a quiet, more formal dinner and make sure that anyone who is wait staff is genuinely interested in their work.

Lambert and Dorothy stand out as examples of what hospitality is about.

Room Tip: You can get a great view of the stadium and Great America on the south side, if you wish.
1 Thank HoosierTravelers08
jensplayin22
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great location for the new 49ers stadium. An easy walk to both Levi's stadium and Great America. Customer service is always exceptional. The Executive lounge is awesome. We stay here everytime we come to the area. Very clean rooms, heated pool, nice restaraunt/bar.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jensplayin22
We are the perfect place to stay if you want to go to Great America !
Just walk out our back gate and you are there.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Spent two nights here for the Antiques Roadshow. The amenities were good, place was clean, very friendly staff. The restaurant was fair and a bit pricey, but when you are tired and hungry and don't want to loose your parking space directly in front, it was okay. They were short staffed so served us in the bar area, which was crowded with people eating, while the restaurant had only a few people in it - go figure. Their is a Starbucks on site, but it is run by the restaurant and they take orders for those sitting at tables in the morning, so expect slow service as a walk up. This hotel is in great proximity to the Santa Clara Convention Center so we just walked over. That in itself, was perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I love the Antiques Roadshow. I am glad we helped make your stay stay wonderful.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel is worth the rate. Location made it easy to get to all of our activities. Great if you plan to attend the football game...In walking distance. Excellent location and nicely kept. Breakfast buffet was well-stocked, fresh and diverse. Never enjoyed a hotel breakfast before and I thought it was worth the price.

1 Thank d0ritah
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!