“Prime location, average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Fresno, California
“Prime location, average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

You could not ask for a better location for a hotel. The parking lot backs onto Levi's Stadium, and just down the street from Great America. Very easy access to Hwy 101. That made it easy to get to my concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre, as well as to drive for a day trip to Santa Cruz. The room was comfortable, and the waitress who helped me in the lounge one night for dinner was very friendly and provided great service. It was very quiet. That is the good stuff. On the other hand, the room was smaller than I am used to. Parking was difficult when I returned at 12:30 a.m. after my concert- the majority of the parking spaces are the same width as typical cars, meaning if you want to actually open your car door(s) to get in/out of the car, you need 2 parking spaces. Naturally, many people took 2 spaces and that left almost no parking for me at that late hour. This was a very average hotel. It was priced the same as others in the area (which is ridiculously expensive I assume due to location), but with the Hilton name I had high expectations and it was not any better than an average mid-grade hotel. There were hairs in my shower from some former guest (ew) and mystery red stains on the carpet by the TV. Upon check-in, barely 10 words were ever spoken to me. This was the first hotel I have stayed in in 10 years that did not have complimentary wi-fi or breakfast. I did not feel it was a good bargain for the price paid.

Room Tip: When I booked, I remember getting the option for an additional fee to have a room with a view of Gre...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Sandi W,

We would much rather be "great location, great Hotel". I am very sorry you had an average stay.
We have an aggressive room inspection system before we turn a room over to a guest.
We missed some things and that is not acceptable.
my sincere apologizes.

Erich Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My experience with the hotel did not start off well. I had requested a quiet room but got something near the highway and the elevator. However, try as I might, I could not be mad at the hotel because their overall customer service won me over. No matter how mad I got, they were just friendly and calm. They found a solution for me, moved me to a great room and for the rest of trip, everything was perfect. Friendly staff who really seemed like the enjoyed what they were doing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
A perfect 5.
I and the team really appreciate your business.

Erich Smith
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Loved our stay and ability to walk about 300 yards to the Levis Stadium. Room was spacious and service was great ... we asked for a room to overlook the stadium and even got Great America fireworks show from our window.

Room Tip: ask to face the stadium and theme park
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were in town for the open house at Levi's Stadium and after sitting in traffic for over an hour to go 1 mile, we felt so welcomed by the front desk staff! In fact, when we walked through the doors, Dre was actually smiling an waving us over! We've never experienced such friendly service from the get go! We were supposed to be on the executive floor, but there were no more king beds, so we were on the 3rd floor but still had access to the amenities on the 8th floor! And, our view overlooking Levi's Stadium and Great America was perfect! We even got to see the fireworks from our bed! And, when we checked out, Kathleen (or Christine??) was very helpful in going over our next few stays at this hotel! We are looking forward to many more visits here in the future!!!

Room Tip: Ask to face Levi's Stadium and Great America!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at the Hilton Santa Clara for two nights in June, 2014.
It had the potential to be a horrible stay: the first room we were given overlooked the large hotel ACs and some fat pigeons, and our own AC was not working. Initially we were told that there were no other rooms available, however, the lovely Roxi helped us find an alternate room. Unfortunately, the second room had a very strong odor of air freshener :(
The next morning we again had excellent customer service by Sean. He took care of all of our needs (including a new and not smelly room) and we were very impressed with his outstanding customer service skills.
Thanks for turning it around for us!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here last week while having some business to take care of in the bay area. I was able to check in at 10 am which was a plus. I headed out for my meetings for the day knowing what room I was in, which was great. The front desk staff was kind and checked me in nice and quickly,

The room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was nice and the shower was great. The hotel is very close to Great America and the new Levis Stadium. I have to say I did have a cool view of the Stadium.

I had an appetizer and a drink at he bar. Food was good and the staff was great. Over all it was a nice stay. The only reason for not getting five stars was the price and nothing really remarkable for the price that was paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ledieff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband, my two children and I traveled down to Santa Clara as my son was partaking in the San Francisco 49ers camp. We didn't know the area well, and wanted to stay close to his practices at LEVI STADIUM.

No problem with proximity! Our room overlooked the new stadium (so electrifying at night with its lights) and California's Great America (where we spent two days).

The staff was so pleasant and friendly - and very personable (from front desk and bellman to waiters and service workers). A smiling hello from everyone at all times.

And the front desk overheard us talking about his birthday that was going to take place while we were there - low and behold - on his birthday a big piece of chocolate cake along with a card signed by the hotel staff surprisingly showed up at our hotel door! He was beyond thrilled.

Our stay was a delight! We'll be staying there again next year - if not sooner.

• Stayed July 2014