“Nice hotel but not the greatest locations.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Santa Clara
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Clean room and staff was friendly. Breakfast was just ok. No pool and very small workout room. You can use the gym down the street. But not convenient. Not the greatest of neighborhoods.

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Santa Clara

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice hotel, rooms are spacious and clean, with fridge, microwave, and internet, nice work area. the staff is very helpful and the free breakfast is good

only issue was room was on the side of hotel facing the street. VERY noisy.

Room Tip: make sure your room is on the back side of hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fabdog
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

From the cool modern decor to the comfy pillows, this hotel was luxurious and reasonably priced. The decor is stylish and the illuminated bathroom mirror makes you feel like you're staying in a swank trendy boutique hotel!

All this AND breakfast! And what do I behold at breakfast but biscuits and gravy! Say what?! Yes! Delicious, too!

All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Smallest of the HI expresses I have stayed at but will be using this location in the future. Hotel stays clean. Building and rooms inside look well taken care of. TV,s are mounted on the wall but move to accommodate sitting at the desk. The lady who took care of the breakfast area was phenomenal and took care of everything in that area with pride and a smile.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay and room. The hotel is very modern, and could rival 4 and 5 star hotels that I have stayed at. They also have built a new onsite gym. I will stay here again next time I am in town.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank optionstrader
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I love this place. I came with my family for couple days and we love it.
Rooms are clean, they serve breakfast, located in good place.I just wish prices would be more cheaper.
I stronger recommend it. When I come back for family vacation, I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cattlemens
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Overall my stay at this Holiday Inn Express was very good. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the hotel because it was only a one night stay on business. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and I would rate the condition of this hotel far above the average of others. I felt it also competes well with other higher end hotel. It may not have the same "luxury amenities" but it did an excellent job making sure it has everything you need and more complementary items than most hotels.

My experience was:
1) Friendly greeting from receptionist, not just when I came in, but every time I walked past the her in the lobby.
2) complementary snacks in the room - Sun Chips, peanuts, crackers, fruit snacks, and a large bottle so Smart Water
3) complementary fruit and cookies in the lobby.
4) Modern rooms, furniture, bathroom, electronics.
5) usual HIX complementary breakfast, with one of the most attentive hostess I've experienced

There were 2 reasons rated as "Very Good" vs Excellent
1) The proximity of the desk to the air conditioner unit was far too close. I was working at the deck and the AC unit is literally at my right leg blowing under the desk.
2) I stayed on the 2nd floor and there were and extra set of stairs I had to climb (about 10) to get to my room and a few other rooms on that floor. I wasn't an issue for me, traveled light, but for others it could be.

Location was nothing special but I'm not going to factor that in, it was fine for me.

I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business