“Disappointed”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Carson, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We (my husband & I and family members) stayed here this past weekend for two nights. Staff was accomadating, but not very friendly. The rooms are very old and need alot of work. The bathroom was not very inviting as the shower had black stuff around the top and it was missing tiles around the edges of the door to the bathroom. The doors only worked when they wanted to ... you had to put in your key at least 5 - 10 times before the door would open and the doors wouldn't close tight unless you tugged at them. They only have VHS which is very outdated. I will definitely pay more to stay in a better place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Some refurbishment evident. Great special rate provided through Choice reservations after the initial quoted rate was not acceptable to me.

• Stayed June 2012
San Diego
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Walking in, the desk clerk was distracted by a his young, screaming kid who was determined to cause a scene! Asked to have boarding passes printed for early flight next day and he looked at me like I was out of my mind, and said "No". Room had broken tiles, no conditioner, cheap soap and sheets that did not fit bed. I have stayed in many cheap hotels, but you could tell they just wanted to get by with as little service as possible here just to save a buck! Go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Santa Clara hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Whenever I come into town This is the hotel i choose. I have never had any real bad experiences here. There are few changes i would make(like softer beds)but other than that I am very happy when i stay at this econolodge. The staff is very friendly with me and usually have my keys waiting for me when i arrive! There have been times that there is noise outside but what do you expect from young people these days. I have never felt unsafe at this location but then again I tend to keep to myself and my room. I would recommend this hotel as I said I personally have never had a bad experience here and will continue to stay here when I am in town!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
cleveland
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Desk clerk made us wait outside in the cold for 15 minutes why processing our reservation. We use choice privileges points so I do not know why it took him so long.clean room but I would only stay here without hhe wife on a short stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My hotel room was in poor shape.

1. It stank. Had a nasty odor that never went away.
2. The card key had to be continually reprogrammed. During a week stay, I had to have the card reset six times.
3. The ceramic tiles in the shower/bath were broken and missing.
4. The TV remote control didn't work properly.
5. Water pressure in the shower was weak.
6. Wall paper was torn in numerous spots.
7. A large 2x2 ft square section in the wall had been cut away and only partially repaired.

I guess that's what $60.00 a night gets these days? I'm left with a sour taste for this hotel chain and will not likely stay at Econolodge again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Nothing special but its a place to crash and it's near San Jose. Exactly what you would expect from an Econolodge.

• Stayed December 2011
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Friendship Inn
Friendship Inn
#20 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Driftwood Santa Clara? Share your experiences!