“I just confirmed that Motel 6 is a sub-par Motel”

Motel 6 Santa Clara
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Santa Clara, CA
“I just confirmed that Motel 6 is a sub-par Motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2007

I was in need of a room on short notice. I stopped in, and asked the (very friendly) night manager if she had a room. She only had a handicap access room, and I asked to take a look. I was okay with it, but I failed to check a few things, more on that later.

Price was inexpensive (2nd lowest in Santa Clara), but when you consider what you get, it's actually expensive. No Wifi or free internet, for example: lucky that I could pick up the free city signal.

Then, later, when I went into my room, I realized the lamps over the bed and desk didn't work! Manager said there was nothing she could do. Pretty big breach of maintenance here.

Then, even later, when I'm taking a shower, I realize that not only does the exhaust fan not work, but there was no soap left in the bathroom....nothing....not a single bar! I guess it's BYOS at Motel 6!

The mattress was the worst I've slept on in awhile as well...no support at all, and the edges had metal wire you could feel through the top.

I calmly expressed my problems the next morning, and asked for an adjustment...the day staff was at first a bit confrontive, seeming to think that I should have said somethig about the lamps the night before (I did). They then offered me a very minimal discount. Not being an aggressive bargainer, I asked for them to double it and left it at that. They agreed immediately, but I'm still waiting for it to appear on my card.

Bottom line: this place came across to me as cheap and unprepared in the most basic ways. To not even have soap in the bathroom, or working lamps in the bedroom, it's just embarrassing.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank 567ytp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Milano,IT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2007

Stayed one night with a large group of friends in August 2006 on our way to the Central Coast. The property is located close to the highway, still pretty quiet overnight. Check-in was fast. Rooms and furniture were average standard for Motel 6, basic but clean. We did not use the pool but it looked nice from outside. Good value for the money, we had a nice stay and would come back.

• Stayed August 2006
Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale
Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale
#24 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Quality Inn & Suites Silicon Valley

Been to Motel 6 Santa Clara? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Santa Clara

Property: Motel 6 Santa Clara
Address: 3208 El Camino Real, G2/Lawrence Expressway at SR 82/El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051-2803
Region: United States > California > Santa Clara
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Santa Clara 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara