HYATT House Santa Clara
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$163
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$145
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$169
HIExpress.com
Best Western Inn Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$163
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$309
US$301
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$158
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$312
  • Restaurant
US$131
US$120
Official Hotel
All reviewsrivermark plazasafeway storepeet's coffeefull kitchenwalking distance to restaurantsomelette stationsmall kitchenshopping plazacovered parkingfree wifiextended staybusiness tripsofa bedcomplimentary breakfastsilicon valleyvery nice stayshuttle service
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is by far and away the nicest Hyatt House I've stayed in. The staff were nothing short of awesome. My room was clean, updated, well outfitted, and quiet. The breakfast was good for a complimentary breakfast and the custom omelet was very good. Lots of nice restaurants, shops, and a Safeway supermarket just steps away. Wish I could have stayed longer. The pool looked really inviting. Nice surrounding area for walking with trails nearby. Also, free parking right behind the hotel. The only negative was the WiFi, which was difficult to connect to and stay connected to. I wished I'd brought a connection cable for the internet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This will be a strong consideration when back in the area. I stayed here recently on the tail end of a business trip, with a flight out of SJC the next day. This hotel has everything a business traveler needs. Large, clean room (I upgraded to the suite for a minimal charge), convenient bathrooms, and I really like the setup with kitchenette. Nothing super-fancy but a convenient place to stay with very comfortable bed. Additional perks are the plaza (with a number of dining options) and free shuttle service to SJC (< 10' away).

There was nothing negative to report during this stay. Great experience overall!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RCGenk
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here for three four nights with my husband and teenage son. This hotel is clean, offers a good breakfast (standard, nothing gourmet, but decent selection and quality), and is conveniently located next to Rivermark Village shops and restaurants (Safeway, Red Robin, Peet's Coffee Shop, Chipotle, Yan Can Asian Food, Cold Stone, Piatta, Posh Bagel, Jamba Juice, see map at http://www.rivermarkvillage.com/pdfs/DirectoryMap.pdf).

We stayed three nights in a room on the Montegue Expressway side. I am very sensitive to noise, and although you could hear the traffic, it was muffled and it was not at all bothersome to me. Also, by the time we went to bed after 11 pm, the traffic was minimal. We took a side trip and stayed elsewhere for a few nights. Upon returning to this same hotel we were placed in a room facing an apartment building. This was quieter, but even if we had a room on the Expressway again, I wouldn't have minded.

Only negative is that if you want to get dressed in privacy, you have a space of about 3 feet by 3 feet in which to do so. It felt a bit cramped. Also, only a pocket door separates toilet from sleeping area five feet away. Not too private. I was surprised that the toilet area didn't have an operating fan. Seems that there was one in place, but not operating (in both rooms we stayed in).

A nice touch was a complimentary "goody bag" set on the desk for us with water, chocolate, granola bars, etc. in it. Not sure if all guests receive this, but it was a handy gift!

Thank you, Hyatt House, for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EPMom4
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If I am in the area again, this is the hotel that I will come back. I enjoyed the hotel because of the following -

1. Evening social with wine, beer and food
2. Hot breakfast included with omelet and good selection of drinks
3. free wifi - come handy
4. located near a mall
5. Music in the room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank P A
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros:
- Lots of places to eat which are in the same plaza as the hotel + Safeway
- clean and well maintained. Kitchenette in each room
- easy in and out access
- Polite helpful staff
Cons:
- Can be noisy if your room is facing Montague

Room Tip: Pick a room which does not face Montague
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PDXcoffeetraveler