“Iconic Restaurant That I Love to Dine Over the Years”
Review of Birk's Restaurant

Birk's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Birk's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 445 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mission College
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have been to Birk's for business lunches as well as romantic dinners over the years and always go home happy. The restaurant is near Intel headquarter, visible from Highway 101 right next to a few tall buildings but one has to exit at either Great America or Montague/San Tomas to get there. In the most recent visit our party of 10 went there to celebrate a program milestone. We were seated promptly since we had reservation. The place was packed as usual at lunch time but felt relax and even quiet as we carried out normal conversations. I ordered Certified Angus NY Steak with Truffle fries and caramelized cauliflowers. The 12oz steak was nicely tender medium rare though I had hoped that it be more flavorful like some grass-fed beef that I enjoyed elsewhere. The fries were crispy loaded with genuine Truffle fragrant. What I liked the most was actually the cauliflower, a few white and purple pieces were caramelized just enough to enhance their natural flavor - a side betters some 90% of the fancy steakhouses that just throw in some steamed veggies or mashed potato to garnish their main course.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Birk's steaks and chops are very good and cooked perfectly. Atmosphere makes it a great place for business dinners. Service is fantastic and incredibly attentive.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Birk's food was excellent and service was top end. Good choice of meats and my prime rib was cooked perfectly. Potatoes were average, but fresh. Great wine list. The knife was sharp and cut on one pass! Lots of great dessert choices (I had sorbet)

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've been at Birk's during this trip, but I've been here few other time in the past.
This place is famous for steaks and I can say they are good. Not the best I ever had, but good.
What I really love here are the salad the can make: really good, different and fresh.
You could also have a complete meal with their salades!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was alone so I ate at the bar. The bartenders were attentive even though they had many patrons in the bar area at the time. The food was very good, I had the fillet and a caesar salad. The atmosphere is loud and crazy, but to be expected in a popular establishment.