“Power lunch hang-out”
Review of Birk's Restaurant

Birk's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Birk's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 465 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mission College
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

American dinner meets Silicon Valley power lunch! Generally tasty food at reassuringly expensive prices. Service can be a little slow during lunch rush and getting a table can be challenging if you don't make reservations.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Always a buzzing atmosphere for Silicon Valley folk. Great food, especially the steaks, and an extensive wine list. Excellent spot for business dinners and great service from start to finish.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Have been eating at Birks on occasion for many years. My wife & I had not been there in a couple of years, so we stopped off for a quick meal on our way to a play. The restaurant is always very clean and beautifully maintained. multiple seating options from the "oyster bar", to the "cooking bar", to the bar with TVs, booths and regular tables, to private dining. As usual, it was very busy. We sat in the bar area and had prompt, friendly service. The Seared Ahi Tuna was excellent as was the calamari which was very tender. The artichokes were average, not anything special. If you are in the area and want high quality food, hard to go wrong at Birks!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

So maybe I am one of the riff raff they are trying to keep out. But when showing up at Birks at six pm on a Wednesday, the host rather rudely told us the next available seating was at eight. Now I know nothing of the restaurant business, but I saw a lot of tables stay empty for a while. But that’s neither here nor there. Within fifteen feet of the host stand was an available four top bar table. Open. First come, first serve. I am still asking myself why in the world he didn’t say “If you care to eat in the bar, you may have this table right here.” I could understand if this were Commander’s Palace and we weren’t wearing jackets. But we were business casual and by far not the worst dressed folks in the place. We did end up at the bar table BTW.

Our server was very friendly and attentive. The food was rather a mixed bag. I had the filet, which was cooked more to the well side than the medium I ordered. This made it pretty dry. The sautéed spinach was probably the best part of the meal. Potatoes and salad were, well, potatoes and salad.

This place must thrive on location. I would go back on the company dime, but not my own.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had business dinner at Birk's , which is a very popular place for business folks to meet and unwind after a full day at work. The service is nice, very attending and the food overall is good. The Cesar salad is something to get used to, as it is a plain salad wedge as a whole. I expect something different in a Cesar salad. The steaks are excellent, but rather on the high end of price.
What is really something to get used to is the noise level, which makes a normal conversation close to impossible.
If you want to numb your hearing sense as you are tired of listening, this is the place to go. If you want a conversation, you will need to shout.