“Very nice hotel restaurant”
Review of La Fontana

La Fontana
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fontana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 465 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tasman Drive
Transit: VTA light Rail stop (GREAT AMERICA) is located across the street
Description: A hidden gem with over-the-top flavors, La Fontana restaurant brings California and Mediterranean cuisine to life. Enjoy a hot breakfast buffet daily, or locally inspired lunch and dinner menus. Join us in our restaurant or in our Lobby Lounge for a more casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I really liked selection of food. Since I was here for most of the week I tried my best to try everything for dinner. For appetizers I really like the salad but wasn't too crazy about the tartar with avocado. I couldn't really figure out how to eat it properly. Main course meals I had the opportunity to eat the rib-eye which was very tasty. But what kept me going back for more was the Angus burger with a recommendation from Rosa to add blue cheese. I had it more than once and it was great meal for the end of the day. For dessert, I had a chance to devour their chocolate molten cake, apple pie ala mode, and their chocolate bundt cake. If you like it really sweet go with the molten cake, otherwise I enjoyed the bundt cake the most.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a nice spot for dinner when you are staying at the Hilton Santa Clara. Try the shrimp pasta... It is consistently good.

1  Thank rocky-mtn-way
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Simple - the food for lunch was terrific, perfectly prepared, creative and modified as requested. The portion were large, not silly big and we really enjoyed them. The tuna was awesome. We will be back for sure. I never understand these nit picky reviews I read sometimes. This place was great.

1  Thank malofsky
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Recently took a colleague here for dinner during a conference. I made a reservation but the place was actually empty even at 6 pm. The menu does not have a lot of choices on it. I had soup and a salad, my colleague had an entrée salad. Both tasted pretty good although it was nothing spectacular. Decent wine list, but I would have appreciated a few more options for dinner. The service was OK but considering it was empty they weren't super attentive or anything. All in all it wasn't terrible, but wouldn't be my first choice for dining in this area again.

2  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very nice little restaurant in the Hilton hotel.

Their menu has lots of choices but we always had the breakfast buffet when we went.

The buffet featured hot and cold selections. There was always scrambled eggs (with all of the fixing on the side that you could add if you wanted), sausages and bacon, and pancakes for the hot side. The selection on the cold side varied by day but there were many choices from cereals, breads, pastries, muffins, fruit, yogurt, and granola.

Everything was fresh and delicious.

The service was great when we first sat down but we never saw the waiter after that, we were never offered a top up on our coffee or anything else to drink. They were busy but we went 3 days in a row and it was always the same.