“If I could give less I would” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 427 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Price range: US$16 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub, Irish
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Bennigan's, a legendary, chef-driven neighborhood pub and the perfect place to kick back and experience the genuine spirit of Irish Hospitality. Join us to enjoy craveable, crowd-pleasing food and a bountiful selection of ice cold beers, specialty drinks and wines. Our menu combines longtime Bennigan's favorites with innovative new American fare selections, with different 'extra special' values offered every day of the week. Our commitment to the welcoming, friendly and festive spirit of Irish Hospitality means that our pours and portions are more generous, and we go above and beyond the call of duty to deliver legendary experiences. We're growing and are excited to serve you. So sit down or pull up a stool and make yourself comfortable. Whether you're relaxing with friends, catching a game, or just enjoying a fun family meal, we'll make you feel right at home.
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“If I could give less I would”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Oh where do I begin with this nightmare..
My husband grew up around Bennigans in the south so he was so excited to see this one. He told us how great the food was and we would all love it. He is still trying to make up for it.
The girl that greeted us at the door had the personality of a wet mop. We tried to make a few jokes, and lighten the mood but she was not having any of it, the only time she was pleasant is when she was telling us goodbye.
Our table had just been cleaned so it didn't have any condiments on it, not a big deal, I can understand it, however when the busboy has to come by and give us the condiments from another table (i.e. salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup) you know somethings not right.
Our waiter was awful, he was SO SLOW and he couldn't remember anything. When we first arrived he had us and 2 other tables and he couldn't even keep up with those 3. Mind you the restaurant itself was not busy either, maybe about 7-10 tables and this was about 6:30, an average dinner time.
We ordered beer because it was a happy hour special, the beer was horrible. Not sure if the taps haven't been cleaned in years or what but these were brands we have drank a few times before and were always much better on tap, not this time. We then ordered an appetizer for us to share, the waiter forgot to ask what we wanted as our appetizer and had to come back and ask. We all ordered our dinners and waited forever for our food, however after getting it we should have just skipped altogether. The food was horrible, not just one meal but all 4 meals were bad. I had the beer battered fish and chips, or basically beer battered batter, the fish was very hard to find and it looked like so much food but some of my fish turned out to be chicken and sadly that wasn't any better. My daughter asked for BBQ sauce for her chicken and after we reminded him 10 minutes later it only took him 5 more minutes to bring it. Not only was the food horrible but the prices were so high for such garbage.
My daughter's meal came with dessert and a drink that we ended up paying for, the drink anyways, and it took 20 minutes for them to make a sundae..really? We would have asked for an adjustment on our bill for the overcharge but we didn't bring our sleeping bags.
I am sorry to the waiter because he received a horrible tip from us, and sadly it was more than he deserved. My tip to him, find another job or get better at the one you have. My tip for Bennigans, fix your problems or your business will suffer even more.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Rancho Cordova, California
“American Legion Convention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

It's close to the Avatar Hotel. Right next door. The food was very good, and the service was speedy. The noise level wasn't too bad. the check out was fast.

Sacramento, California
“Horrible Service - Bad Restaurant Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a party of 6. This facility wasn't even crowded by any means. It took one hour and 20 minutes to receive our food. The manager just hunched his shoulders and had no excuse for his poor job performance. This hispanic looking individual DID NOT give a crap and it showed!

“Reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great food. Convenient location. Nice atmosphere. Prices were not over the top and they stayed open late. Always a reliable place to eat.

Santa Clara, California
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

IN town for one night, had the best pot roast I ever had service was friendly and courteous
If you ever try, have Rachel serve you and say hello to Sergio and Fransico, you wont regret

• Visited June 2014