“A+ for ambiance and service....”

Pedro's Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #10 of 429 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Clovis, California
“A+ for ambiance and service....”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Beautiful decor and ambiance... There is a general feeling of being welcome once you walk in. Our server, Jesus, was very gracious, polite, and efficient. A generous serving of chips and salsa starts off the meal.

My friends highly recommended the chili verde, so I went ahead and ordered it. Yes, the sauce was very good, but that's about it. The meat, while tender, did not have much flavor. Yes, I know that the sauce provides the flavor, but the meat should at least have some seasoning. The others had combinations of enchiladas, tacos, and burritos. They seem to like it.

I savored the unique restaurant decor. It reminded me of staying in a villa in a hacienda where people were dining in different areas. This was what made my visit to Pedro's memorable.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Cortlandt Manor
“Large Popular Tex Mex, Fun Decor, 4-7 pm Happy Hour”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Pedro’s of Santa Clara minutes off 101 is a large and popular Tex-Mex. Friendly service. Although the parking lot was nearly full, tables were available for immediate seating. You could lose a few kids in there. Outdoor dining also popular.

Our group of 9 enjoyed Pedro’s. We started with Pedro's combination platter of chili chimichangas, taquitos, veggie and chicken sopes, and nachos with guacamole.

Pitcher of house margaritas supplied some lubrication.

For dinner, I chose Pedro’s Tortilla Soup (see pic) with chicken and abundant veggies, and an appetizer of Camarones Cancun--5 grilled shrimp served over creamy cilantro sauce. More than enough after appetizer platter.

Pluses:
+ Automatic gratuity doesn’t kick in unless 10 or more people
+ Good value overall including pitcher of margaritas
+ Authentic décor
+ Generous Happy Hour, bar area only, 4-7 pm

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Mexican food !!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

20 of us from work has a company dinner her. The place looked great from the outside, plenty of parking too. We had a set menu with choices - for starters I had a simple salad - and we had fresh corn chips with a spicy tomato salsa too. It was hard to stop eating those freshly made chips. I went for the steak, which was cooked the way I asked it be cooked. Came with roast vegetables and mashed potatoes. I enjoyed this meal with my colleagues from work. I think they close early (as in 10 pm) so do book in advance and check. You will love the food and atmosphere here.

• Visited May 2014
California
“Ok place for after work get-together”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place is rather ok for after work or getting together with your friends for a drink and a quick bite. This place is definitely nothing fancy but I don't think the claim to be that either. They serve great Margarita and I do like their outdoor seating as they have made it really cosy here. Great parking possibilities.

• Visited May 2014
Eugene, OR
“Good atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was eating by myself and was seated promptly at about 6:30 p.m. The menu had a nice selection. I have pretty traditional tastes in Mexican food and had a three-item combo, with a beef taco, chile relleno and cheese enchilada. It was all good on a nice hot plate, though the relleno could have been heated just a bit more to thoroughly melt the cheese inside. I appreciated the choice of sides rather than just the typical rice and beans. I like beans, but don't care for rice, so I was pleased to get some very good grilled veggies as my other side. Prices seemed reasonable for this area. I would dine here again.

Visited April 2014