Madison Street Inn
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$164
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$209
Avatar Hotel
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$333
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$183
  • Pool
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$176
Best Western Inn Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$207
US$426
US$389
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$312
  • Restaurant
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$336
Hyatt.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$168
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfriendly hostssterile chainhome away from homecomfortable bedsilicon valleylarge roomfresh fruitralphconcertunitacsleeping
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had the delight to stay at the Madison Street Inn recently while in Santa Clara for a few days for work. The location was perfect, a quiet corner off a main thoroughfare, so I could both walk to restaurants and explore the area, and also enjoy the peace and quiet of a neighborhood. The house itself is lovely - a century-plus old Victorian with updates that fit nicely. The backyard has an amazing pool (too cool temps to try in January), yet was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the flowers, lemon and orange trees and relax after a big day. My room was downstairs, which thought it was petite, it had a comfy bed and I took advantate of the gorgeous clawfoot tub in the bathroom that had recently been redesigned. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. They assisted me with arranging for cabs at early hours and really made me feel at home. The price was very reasonable and I will definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: If you want to really bathe in style, ask for the room downstairs with the large clawfoot tub.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I were headed to San Jose from San Francisco for a concert at HP Pavilion and wanted to stay overnight to make it feel more like a vacation. We wanted to stay in a neighborhood and a B&B versus a chain hotel, and we were lucky enough to discover Madison Street Inn in Santa Clara. What a find! We met Ralph upon arrival, who showed us around the place and even offered us a drink by the pool. We had booked the smallest/most economical room since we knew we wouldn't be in our room much, and to our pleasant surprise, they had upgraded us to a nicer, larger room - and at no extra charge! We sat out and talked to Ralph by the pool and felt like we were neighbors/friends more than lodgers - so much so that the time passed quickly and we realized we were late in leaving for the concert!

After returning to the house following the concert, we were greeted by plate of homemade cookies and a glass of port - a wonderful way to finish off the day. We slept soundly in our spacious, quiet room in the lower level, and then we were greeted to a wonderful breakfast on the sunny patio by the pool. We decided to check out the campus of Santa Clara University, which we discovered was an easy walk through the neighborhood. Then we came back for our car and headed back home, much to our sadness.

Bottom line: Madison Street Inn is a homey, neighborhood B&B with friendly proprieters at a great value -- an excellent oasis in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Inn.
Ralph and I like to think that we provide a change of pace in Silicon Valley, while providing all the essentials of life such as fast wi-fi and flat screen TV's!! As well as a library of good books and movies to enjoy.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Had a conference to attend in San Jose, and all the big guys were full. (Thankfully!)
Came across this place on the internet, and couldn't believe the great reviews. Had to check it out to see if they were all nuts (or paid off).
I couldn't believe that places like this still existed. Very cute little B&B. Incredible hosts Teressa and Ralph. Great food, great hospitality. It really was a truely delightful experience. Next time I'm in the area I won't hesitate staying there. Why would you pay more for a sterile chain hotel room. I have stayed in many of these all over the world, and none of them offered free cookies, port, and a BBQ around the firepit after a long days work! Really feels like you are popping around to with friends who just invited you over.
Great job guys!!

Steve

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Madison Inn was like staying at a friends house only with privacy. Theresa is very relaxed in her approach to running a B&B and yet professional at the same time. Both mornings we had a wonderful breakfast and she was helpful in suggesting where to dine and to go for shopping. We had the cabernet suite and found the bed most comfortable, the sheets were gorgeous. We had our own entry which was great and found the neighbourhood to be very quiet. I could have easily stayed there for a week as the inn is so relaxing. Our room was large and clean. The rates are extemely reasonable

Room Tip: The cabernet has its own entry and was very quiet, also it is very large with a sofa so ideal for a longer stay
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent a wonderful one day vacation on Aug 6 at Madison Street Inn. Tess (owner) is a nice women and has very good cooking skill. I enjoyed her breakfast and swimming poll-side BBQ. Room is clean and with Wifi internet service. and the dog Puppy is very friendly. I love everything so I booked my next vacation on 8/30-31 at Madison Street Inn.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo