“Madison Street Inn!”
Review of Madison Street Inn

Madison Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Santa Clara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Wonderful Bed and Breakfast conveniently located in Santa Clara.
10 minutes to Great America, 15 minutes to San Jose Airport.
Grounds were lovely, very interesting house history, very clean house.
We stayed two nights, slept well in a very comfortable bed.
Tess has fresh chocolate chip cookies and Port ready for the guests.
We loved the hot tub as well, but couldn't use it both nights due to the rain.
Would recommend and visit again.
We stayed here March 28-30.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
tesswsantaclara, Assistant Innkeeper at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

Thank you so much for the kind words, Yvonne! We take a lot of pride in the grounds here at Madison Street Inn and are committed to maintaining a beautiful atmosphere for our guests! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the homemade chocolate cookies. They are our favorites, too :) We hope to see you again soon. Hopefully the rain will let up a bit this time, so you can fully enjoy the hot tub!

There are newer reviews for Madison Street Inn

Reviewed 23 March 2014

What a wonderful place owned by amazing, interesting, giving, lovely people. Theresa and Ralph are wonderful hosts and have obviously been doing this for a long time. They have always treated me like family. What a blessing! Wine in the evening. Special dinners around the fire. Amazing, healthy breakfasts. Eat by the pool when it's warm enough. Kindness and gracious throughout. A beautiful, friendly dog. OH! And homemade chocolate chip cookies every night. Way too tempting. They attract great people to stay there, some for a long time while they're getting their own homes situations in place. Free WIFI. Relaxing, warm environment. Walking distance to some good restaurants. I feel so lucky to have found this place. I almost didn't write this review because I don't want more people there to block the nights I need to stay ... but I do know that, even if they're full, they'll try to find a place for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I would like to thank this guest for their kind words, makes our life at the Inn much easier to have people appreciate our efforts. It's a pleasure to interact with guests like this!
Theresa

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Although the innkeepers are friendly, our bed was hard and uncomfortable...my husband and I kept rolling towards the center of the bed and tossed and turned all night. Room is overcrowded. Unable to find any coffee in the morning....and breakfast was a bit unorganized. On a positive note, they allowed us to arrive an hour early & served us wine upon arrival.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We like to feel the Madison Street Inn has very reasonable rates for the area and happy these guests found that to be the case. The rooms are small and sometimes it s a challenge to get all the conveniences in ( including chair, table , TV/DVD, closet space) but we try to have everything the guest might need. I like to remind them there is a whole house with several common rooms, and a third of an acre of landscaped gardens with pool and hot tub at their disposal also.
The input on the bed is appreciated and have since changed it to a Serta Perfect sleeper which guest have been raving about!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I recently stayed one week at Madison Street Inn when I participated Health 2.0 conference at Santa Clara. For a finnish traveller and businessman like me Madison Street Inn was a perfect choice. House and rooms are nice and I loved the "feels like a home atmosphere". I must say that the way Theresa and Ralph are doing their Innkeeper´s role is just perfect. When you live in a hotel you feel like a customer but here here you could feel that you are almost as a friend. Wednesday evening we had grill party where I met some neighbours and Theresa´s and Ralph`s friends. By the time I left I told to Theresa that this is kind of place where I would like to come back with my wife. What I liked best: breakfast, location, home made jam, cookies and Ralph`s and Theresa`s attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

We were happy to read that this guest enjoyed their stay at the Madison street Inn.
After 27 years in business, it is a vert satisfying feeling to read reviews like this.
I would like to thank them for the taking the time to write about their visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Another great getaway with wonderful breakfasts by the pool and great visits with other guests. Theresa and Ralph are outstanding Innkeepers. They make every guest feel welcome. We called in advance that we would be arriving later than expected and they had the hot tub ready when we arrived at 9:30. Checkout was very flexible. Two nights wasn't long enough.

Room Tip: The Madison room is at the front of the inn and we enjoy sitting on the front porch in the afternoon...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I found
If I go to santa clara thatwould be the place for me to stayhis place buy expedia.com I selected this place, based on the trip advisor recommendations, it all good remarks end up very true. this place is a cozy place in a not really "happening area part of the town".

This hold is part of american history as it was build 1890!!! For the amount of care and service I have received , I wouldn't care about the location as I really wanted to stay in. The host was very sweet (Kate) and helpful. The breakfast was great. It was clean and the decoration had a touch of european taste which would add up to the place.

The only cons I can think of is upgrading and renovation since the house is pretty old.

Overall, if I come to Santa Clara that would be definitly one of my first option s to choose

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently booked the Madison Street Inn for our base of operations while in the Bay Area for my son's wedding. We needed a place that we could use for access to San Francisco, Oakland and Gilroy. The Madison Street Inn was a perfect location. We also flew in and out of SJC and the Inn is only 3.5 miles from the Airport.
The innkeeper, Theresa, was friendly and helpful and definitely not creepy (see previous review for reference). Her staff was equally friendly. They were there to help but not intrusive. By the time we left I felt like they knew all of us.
The food was great. They catered our family dinner for 45 people including children and did a fantastic job. They provided breakfast to those in our family staying at the B&B and also to those staying offsite (for a fee of course). After the first breakfast at the B&B no one ate at their hotel. The tables out near the pool made for a great place to gather the family for the meal. We have a family tradition of a big breakfast on the wedding day and the crew at the Madison Street Inn really delivered with waffles, fruit and the groom's favorite, bread pudding. I can't leave the food topic without mentioning the daily delivery of warm chocolate chip cookies. All they needed was a glass of milk to make them perfect.
The rooms worked well for us. We would have liked more of them as our family over flowed the B&B to a local Hilton property. As indicated some were small but that worked ok for us. It was great to have the bulk of our family in one location and then the flexibility of the staff to allow the rest of the family to join them at the B&B.
The location was a suburban neighborhood. No concerns for safety and they had good cell coverage and offered wifi. Grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping nearby. When we needed food we went to Safeway about 3 miles away. Fast food within walking distance. As mentioned earlier it is just a few miles from the airport but had no airport noise.
All in all, we had a great time in Santa Clara. My expectations were met and exceeded. Theresa, her husband, and her staff were so accommodating to our needs. Even if my next trip to the Bay Area is on business I will be sure to stay at the Madison Street Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Dolce Hayes Mansion
Dolce Hayes Mansion
#3 of 75 in San Jose
Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Been to Madison Street Inn? Share your experiences!