Madison Street Inn
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$143
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$268
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$190
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$215
  • Pool
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)
US$320
Official Hotel
US$182
US$155
HIExpress.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$155
Cancelon
All reviewsb bfriendly hostssterile chainhome away from homecomfortable bedsilicon valleylarge roomfresh fruitralphconcertunitacsleeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my first Bed and Breakfast experience and I LOVED it!!!!! My daughter and I stayed two nights in the Harrison room. The room itself was very clean and cute, though it was a little on the small side, but that was no big deal for us, for the only time we were really in the room was to sleep. (Note the shower is tiny and not being used to it I bumped my elbows several times trying to wash my hair, so if you are on the larger side you could get claustrophobic taking a shower). The cookies were yummy, their garden/pool area is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! My daughter and I took a relaxing dip in the pool after our long drive up from Orange County. Breakfast in the morning is served pool side - the first morning we were served homemade waffles topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries along with sausage, orange juice, coffee and water. It was YUMMY and much needed for our long day ahead at Great America. I cleaned my plate and I was offered more, but I was stuffed! The resident Husky is a delight (I think her name is Lala) - she is so well mannered and friendly. I did get the sad puppy dog eyes while eating breakfast but she minds well if she is told no. On the second morning I gave in to her puppy dog eyes and fed her some scraps here and there (We were served an egg quiche, fresh fruit salad, croissant, and yummy homemade jam!). Once I gave her a small bite or two if I ignored her she would politely sit and wait and then lightly tap me on my leg with her paw - it was sooooo cute!!!!! Each morning while my daughter was still sleeping (I am a very early riser) I would go sit in the parlor which was nice so I didn't disturb her. The owners Tess and Ralph are both very friendly and welcoming as well as the rest of their staff - if we are ever in the San Jose/Santa Clara area in the future, we will definitely being looking to stay at this wonderful little gem!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Inn. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here. The room you stayed in is small for 2 but it sounds like you managed:)
Since there is a little we can do about room size, we aim to please with our food and hospitality and seems like, with the help of Lana, we succeeded.
Again, we appreciate the time and effort it takes to write about a stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Its worn, a bit dirty, needs updating. Bed was okay, coverlet faux velvet? Didn't stay for breakfast. You have to drag your luggage upstairs. Really nice backyard and pool. Good location. The railing going to the kitchen is sticky. The front door needs cleaning up from overload of stickers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Papitre

Would like to thank this guest for her input. It's always good to get feed back on things we can improve on. While we are proud of our commendations from various groups, the front door window did need an update and believe it looks a lot better. I'm sorry this guest did not enjoy the soft comfy wrap we had in the room,it's very cozy in the winter.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I discovered this gem late last year and have been staying there since. Theresa and Ralph are simply incredible hosts and make you feel totally at home with awesome breakfasts and family-like dinner gatherings. Kudos to you both for all you do!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
tesswsantaclara, Assistant Innkeeper at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

Thank you for your incredible words, Eugene! There is something so beautiful about finding a home away from home and we are so glad that you've felt "at home" here at Madison Street Inn. We love to cook for our guests and some of our favorite memories revolve around the family-like dinner gatherings that you mentioned! We hope to see you around in the near future!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Charming house, comfortable bed, welcoming hosts, fantastic breakfasts, plus chocolate chip cookies every night! Nice neighborhood near Santa Clara University, within walking distance of several good restaurants. The owner and staff were so friendly and helpful. We'll definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi Anna! We are so happy to read about the wonderful time that you had here at Madison Street Inn! Some of the things that you mentioned are perfect examples of what we strive to provide for each of our guests! Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you around soon :)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Wonderful Bed and Breakfast conveniently located in Santa Clara.
10 minutes to Great America, 15 minutes to San Jose Airport.
Grounds were lovely, very interesting house history, very clean house.
We stayed two nights, slept well in a very comfortable bed.
Tess has fresh chocolate chip cookies and Port ready for the guests.
We loved the hot tub as well, but couldn't use it both nights due to the rain.
Would recommend and visit again.
We stayed here March 28-30.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind words, Yvonne! We take a lot of pride in the grounds here at Madison Street Inn and are committed to maintaining a beautiful atmosphere for our guests! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the homemade chocolate cookies. They are our favorites, too :) We hope to see you again soon. Hopefully the rain will let up a bit this time, so you can fully enjoy the hot tub!