I attended a conference here and spent the night. The conference rooms were always welcoming. The common areas had fruit infused ice water in dispensers. The hotel set up temporary "grab and go" Starbucks and buffet stations near our conference rooms. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. There is a very interesting Alcatraz exhibit in the lobby/hallway.
Our hotel room was large and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. We were about 3 doors from the elevator, but did not hear any elevator noise. The 4 elevators were hard put to keep up with the peak demands of the convention visitors, so if you visit during a convention you might want a lower floor so you can take the stairs. (I did, once, from the sixth floor but I wouldn't want to do it with my luggage!)
The only odd thing about the room was the doors to the bathroom. They have "barn door" hardware, which means they roll to the side on an exterior track. They come together in the middle and ours didn't always stay together entirely. As two friends attending the convention and sharing the room, it was a little bit of TMI sometimes!
If you want to stay here and attend the convention center or the new Levi's SF 49er's stadium, it could not possibly be any closer. One floor of the center connects directly to the hotel. The stadium is an easy walk. Many of the rooms and windows near the elevators have beautiful views of the stadium. It is a bit of a walk, but the Great America amusement park is within sight as well.
Parking was free. If the front parking lots are full, it is a long walk from the garage. You might wish to drop off your luggage/passengers at the front first. Valet parking is also available for a fee.
There is a full restaurant, a bar, a Starbucks stand, and a very nice "grab and go" area. I had the hottest latte I've ever had (burned my tongue, as I'm used to Starbucks being a certain temperature!) and a cup of amazing oatmeal that had all sorts of yummy toppings available: fresh fruit, nuts, raisins, and brown sugar.
Checking in and out was pleasant and easy. Ryan at the front desk learned our names and called us by name the entire weekend whenever we saw him.
I highly recommend this hotel either for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara