“Don't come thirsty!”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Don't come thirsty!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Nice enough for price I guess. Bat was very busy.... I sat with cash in hand for over 30 minutes and was never acknowledged. Yes, they were busy and working hard, but apparently understaffed for the evening. The bartender that finally served me after I had to yell and ask if I could get a drink was prompt, but obviously annoyed. Sorry, I thought the bar was where you were supposed to go if you wanted a drink.....?

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hyderabad
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara for about 10 days on a business trip to the Silicon Valley. It is conveniently located and most businesses located in the Santa Clara county is quite accessible.

The lobby looks amazing and busy all the time as its adjacent to the convention center where there are conferences almost all the year round. The checking was very smooth unlike other properties and I was given the 14th floor with an amazing view of the Levi's stadium and the Great America at the background. In fact I enjoyed a long firework show right out of my room on a Sunday night. Given the Hyatt style the room service was exemplary, except that for some reason the soaps where not replaced (though I always carry "my" own soap and shampoo and use it most of the time). The coffee m/c was usual, but useful. The best part is parking is free if you don't take the help of valet and the bell guy will hand over a complementary bottle of water - a pretty nice gesture I must say given that hotel room water can cost $4.50.

Their global concierge is watching tweets from @HyattConcierge - so they will respond to your tweets immediately if you tag them - very helpful and is appreciated !

The inroom dining is ok - they really don't have many vegan options really - but the support lady at room service was really helpful and the dinner was tastefully presented. Given that gastronomic's road, that is: 'El Camino Real' is just 15 mins drive towards 101; you don't want to be eating here until you cannot travel.

I would strongly recommend this hotel for solo business travelers - but I'm not really sure if I will come here with family (but lot of people do given the proximity to Great America and other attractions here).

Room Tip: top floors facing Levi's stadium is good
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

1. check in was super easy, but it could be more personalized - it was a rather cold and no frills reception; I asked for a quiet room, and she smiled as she handed me the card key, "here is your quiet room". I teach customer service at a large corporate firm, so she can easily add, "anything else I can do for you? if it's not quiet enough, let me know", etc. It does not take much, but that would differentiate a warm from a lukewarm encounter.
2. again, super efficient check out as folio was already prepared the night before and you can even check out online and there is a drop off box for express check out.
3. can't beat location since I have a meeting at the convention center next door - very convenient!
4. room is standard for brand, spacious enough with comfortable bedding.
5. wi fi offers 2 price tiers: the cheaper one is really slow, as they warned!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
California, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The family and I stayed here for 2 nights while I was on a business trip. The hotel is located in Santa Clara by the Great America Amusement Park, and overlooking the new Levi's Stadium, future home of the San Francisco 49ers. We booked our room using with AAA discount. The Auto club deal includes a breakfast buffet at the TusCa restaurant.

The Hyatt Regency is a nice hotel. Price wise, almost all hotels in this area are expensive. Since they are about the same price, I figured that we could splurge and stay at a nicer hotel. From the moment we parked in their parking lot, service was phenomenal during our time at this hotel. Check in was fast. They gave us a nice room on the upper floor.

Our room had 2 double beds. The bed was nice and comfortable. Wifi is free in the room in you are a Hyatt member. The room has a work station for those that need to work, and also a flat screen TV for those that want to watch TV. It was everything that we needed in a room.

The lobby of the hotel had an exhibit of a prison. They had a typical jail cell from Alcatraz, and other stuff from prison.

Breakfast was served in TusCa restaurant. Every morning, they had a nice buffet with different foods every morning. It was the best hotel buffet that I have ever been to.

They have both Valet and Self Park. Even though I was cheap and chose to self park, the valets were still nice to me. They gave me their Hyatt Regency Bottled Water every time I passed by.

It is a very good hotel. It had everything I need. I'll be coming back if I have to stay in the Santa Clara area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedbacks regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay very much and you will be back due to the great people and great service offered during your visit from check-in to check-out as well as the comfy bed and the nice buffet offered every morning at breakfast. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I attended a conference here and spent the night. The conference rooms were always welcoming. The common areas had fruit infused ice water in dispensers. The hotel set up temporary "grab and go" Starbucks and buffet stations near our conference rooms. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. There is a very interesting Alcatraz exhibit in the lobby/hallway.

Our hotel room was large and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. We were about 3 doors from the elevator, but did not hear any elevator noise. The 4 elevators were hard put to keep up with the peak demands of the convention visitors, so if you visit during a convention you might want a lower floor so you can take the stairs. (I did, once, from the sixth floor but I wouldn't want to do it with my luggage!)

The only odd thing about the room was the doors to the bathroom. They have "barn door" hardware, which means they roll to the side on an exterior track. They come together in the middle and ours didn't always stay together entirely. As two friends attending the convention and sharing the room, it was a little bit of TMI sometimes!

If you want to stay here and attend the convention center or the new Levi's SF 49er's stadium, it could not possibly be any closer. One floor of the center connects directly to the hotel. The stadium is an easy walk. Many of the rooms and windows near the elevators have beautiful views of the stadium. It is a bit of a walk, but the Great America amusement park is within sight as well.

Parking was free. If the front parking lots are full, it is a long walk from the garage. You might wish to drop off your luggage/passengers at the front first. Valet parking is also available for a fee.

There is a full restaurant, a bar, a Starbucks stand, and a very nice "grab and go" area. I had the hottest latte I've ever had (burned my tongue, as I'm used to Starbucks being a certain temperature!) and a cup of amazing oatmeal that had all sorts of yummy toppings available: fresh fruit, nuts, raisins, and brown sugar.

Checking in and out was pleasant and easy. Ryan at the front desk learned our names and called us by name the entire weekend whenever we saw him.

I highly recommend this hotel either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedbacks regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara during a business conference. It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay very much and you will be back due to the great people and great service offered during your visit, the confy rooms, and all the amenities that the hotel had to offer during the stay including free parking, grab and go area, and a very pleasant and easy check-in and out. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Big convention hotel but felt more intimate than that during my stay last week, probably due to the good service that you can expect here. I checked in around 8pm after getting off the job in nearby San Jose, and ended up at the lobby bar after a quick check in. Was happily surprised at the wide range of food choices at the bar - ordered some pretty good sushi to start, and the salmon for my entree which was delicious. They had a bunch of tv's to take in the games, and the guys behind the bar were friendly and the service speedy.

The hotel is close to many of the big tech companies like Cisco, Intel, etc...but more importantly to me, it's a 10 minute drive or so from my company in San Jose, and pretty close to the airport as well. It's also around very close to the new 49ers stadium.

Room was quite nice and the bed was comfortable. Gym was good, pool area looked inviting. I heard the breakfast downstairs is great, I'll have to try it out next time. I ordered room service this time, and it was very good and I thought well priced.

I would not hesitate to come back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here for one night. Pleasant enough but could have been at any hotel in the system. Room and hallway carpeting a little shopworn.

Only local touches were some of the cocktails at the bar downstairs, plus special Alcatraz history exhibit that was in the lobby for some unknown reason.

Pluses: next door to convention center - easy to walk to function there. Taxi line, with taxis waiting most of the time which made for speedy departure.

Room Tip: if there's a busy convention going on, beware being adjacent to large suites hosting events/part...
Green Features: Other than the usual hotel cards asking you to re-use your towel and alerting you the hotel will change the sheets every few days unless otherwise requested did not notice any special features or initaitives