Booked this Hyatt because I enjoy the quietness and comfort of a stay at their hotels. Just stayed at the Hyatt in Thousand Oaks 2 nights before and it was fantastic! This one was certainly not fantastic - in fact I came away more tired and aggravated than I arrived on my travels. Used Hyatt website to give feedback and they did not respond at all. I expect a few things to work when I check into a hotel, like the TV and the air conditioning.
Check-in by web was great (but Barcode did not show up in my email, it just said "BARCODE" so that part was useless and still had to go to the desk). Lobby looks great and free parking is convenient. I see others talking about Valets and Bellman greeting them with a cold bottle of water - nobody even said hello on my many entrances during my stay, let alone giving me a refreshing bottle of water. Lack of greeting upon arrival is not normal for a Hyatt.
After check-in we got in elevator, wow, this looks like a cheap, old elevator. Then got out on our floor and see this hallway with awful light blue and the doors to the rooms look like a 1970 Holiday Inn. We looked at each other and said "this doesn't look good!" Though once in the room it looks new and modern, even if very "boutique" style, which I do not like very much. Kind of like an Ikea model room. The beds were very comfortable and I would say were easily the best part of the room and our stay, but that didn't help much due to the heat and other problems that prevented a good sleep.
Here is where the real problems start - the room was warm so I went to thermostat and turned it down to 70, 30 minutes later I turned it down to 68, then later I turned it down to 66. The room temperature never went below 73 during the stay and in the morning with the sun shining in the window it was very warm. When I finished my shower in the morning I felt like I got out of a sauna. I was sweating while I was trying to get dressed - very uncomfortable!
Turned on the TV and noticed the welcome channel is fuzzy, move up the channel list and find only 3 channels that are watchable (one was Cartoon Network). CNN and ESPN were totally unwatchable - used the TV like a radio from there on in.
Getting ready for bed I went to the iHome clock radio to set the alarm and the dial turns but only moves the minute back and forth by one minute no matter which way or how fast you turn the dial. I am not saying it only moved 1 minute at a time, it only changed from 5:30 to 5:31 and then 5:29 and it never went higher or lower than those numbers. Okay, so I call down for a 7am wake up call, no big deal. Well, as it turns out I didn't need it. At 5am I awaken for some reason and when I try to go back to sleep I hear people leaving their rooms and the doors made big clunking noises when they close. I also notice that the fridge in my room is making a high pitch squeal, it is not really loud but you can certainly hear it in the room. I have never experienced this amount of noise in any Hyatt hotel in the past and I feel like I am now staying in what most likely was a Holiday Inn in the past. Looking at the room layout and the need for the very impractical sliding barn doors on the washroom kind of confirms that this was not designed as a Hyatt hotel. Those barn doors might be fine if you are the only person in the room but when sharing a room it is horrendous. But the bathroom is so small there is no way they could put a regular door on it. No room to even turn around in the bathroom, it was awful!
The attention to detail in cleaning the room is not up to par either. There is a lot of dust on the plugs and tops of objects in the room and on the wall near the entrance to my room there was what I could only describe as a splash of blood splattered on the wallpaper. Not very hard to notice, it was about 6 inches in diameter.
Upon leaving the hotel the next morning I was running a little late because I was waiting as long as I could to dress while the sweat was drying from the warm room conditions. I went to the desk and told them I was checking out and they did not ask me how my stay was, they just said "I see no further charges on the room bill, you are all set." Well Hyatt, I will be contacting you about this stay. I did not sleep well, was not comfortable in the room and I do not feel I received what I expected or anybody should expect when the book a room at the Hyatt. I know the Hyatt chain has different levels of hotel properties but the Hyatt Regency should be a lot better than this. And I remember 1 more thing now. As I was travelling a lot lately I brought my swimsuit hoping I could stretch out in the pool and relieve some of the knots and soreness that comes with air travel. Well, there was a note in the room that said the pool was closed to the public as there was a private function going on there but you were free to use the pool on other days - Fantastic Hyatt! That really topped off my stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara