“My kids loved it.”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while going to great America. It is very easy to find, and park. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The living room had a hide a bed in the couch which was nice, both my kids had their own bed. The bedroom area was nice, while the closet was small for it sleeping 5 people. The tub would not drain but the staff had it fixed within 10 minutes. The breakfast was great,
They had anything you would want. The pool area is nice, with plenty of seating for parents. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Kissed_the_frog

Reviewed 15 June 2012

A reliable hotel in the heart of the Silicon Valley. Clean and comfortable, with a very nice full cooked-to-order breakfast served during the week and abundant breakfast buffet on the weekends. The pool area is a nice place to relax, and there is a jacuzzi for those chilly northern California days. Friendly staff and kid friendly too. The only drawback is that the rooms are kind of small, and there isn't a lot of extra space for luggage, etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool great for my son and the location was a good base for exploring.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed in The Plaza 3 nights. It's very comfortable and the crew is amazing they helped me in all kind of needs I had. I totally recommend it. It was a great experience to be here at The Plaza Hotel, Santa Clara.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2012

When I have business in San Francisco, I like to stay much further south in Silicon Valley. I am of South-Asian-Indian origin and I really like the many ethnic restaurants on El Camino Real that runs through several communities such as Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, etc. I also enjoy dining in downtown San Jose. I have stayed at the Hilton in Santa Clara on two occasions over the past three years and I really like that hotel.

I had an Ophthalmology meeting recently and I wanted to stay at the Hilton in Santa Clara, but the hotel rooms were very expensive for the time period that I required. I looked through several Trip Advisor reviews and noted good reviews of Plaza Suites in Santa Clara and I called the manager to arrange for special pricing for my week-long stay. The price that I was offered was considerably less expensive than the Hilton in Santa Clara or the Hyatt House in San Jose.

The hotel is situated adjacent to the 101 which is the major North-South artery in the area and is easily accessible from either the Lawrence Expressway Exit or the Bowers Avenue exit. When I arrived at the Plaza Suites on a Saturday night, the hotel was extremely busy with adolescents running amok. I was a little concerned and when my electronic room key would not work and the front desk staff had to let me into my room. I thought to myself that "this hotel has not made a good first impression with me".

The room was very nice and it looked as if it had been remodeled recently. The room is the size of standard hotel room that has been partitioned with walls for a "suite" design. This results in what must be the smallest toilet-bathtub area of any hotel that I have ever stayed in and a bedroom that would challenge larger individuals to comfortably negotiate as the bed is almost up against the wall on one side with a tight squeeze on the other.

I stayed on the top floor which was quiet. The complimentary hot breakfast was excellent and the front desk staff provided me with coupons for omelettes although I never used them. I had meetings every day and was only at the hotel at night so I cannot comment about the pool, exercise room, etc.

The parking is free and there is a three story parking structure next to the hotel so if one arrives late and there is no parking on the ground level, one can always park in the garage at no extra charge.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the neighborhood that the hotel was located in was very quiet.

I gained a very good impression of the hotel through my stay and would certainly consider staying at the Plaza Suites Santa Clara in a future visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rcpo123
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Good location, decent business hotel. The "suite" was comfortable but small - this is the kind of "suite" that doesn't include any kind of kitchen. The bedroom was so small that the bed completely filled it. I've had hotel rooms that were NOT suites that were larger than this suite. Price was good, and service was decent, so can't complain, but the place is hardly dazzling.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Basiluzzo
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is the third time I've stayed here, each time for work. Much better than another nearby "fancy" hotel that we used to stay at. The rooms are great, I like the front room separate from the bedroom. The included fridge and microwave are very convenient, and I like the "Fill your Pantry" service as well.

The restaurant and bar are great. Always very good food, great steaks, and the bartenders are awesome, Anthony and Shawn. Every evening I've spent there has been a very good time, meeting people from all over the world, watching a game on the TV, or just enjoy good choices of beers and whiskey.

Oscar takes great care of the property. I definitely recommend this place for anyone traveling to Santa Clara.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business