“Great hotel, very clean”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for a week for a training class I was taking in Santa Clara, the hotel is very nice and clean, the people are very friendly. The cleaning people that clean the room pay special attention to getting the room so nice and clean. Enjoyed the stay. Highly recommended....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here as an overflow for a large group event. Location is ok, free parking. Arrived to an overwhelming smell of some sort of flower( all three days the lobby was toooo aromatic) checked in, room was clean but the hall carpet was never clean. There was linen and food debris in the halls until after 4pm very messy looking. You get three free drinks a day, I used that on the first night, free shouldn't mean cheapest known to man. This was the first time I ever hated a vodka martini, thought it was perhaps the olives, but no the vodka itself was terrible. Later I went to my room and no cable? I called down and was told the cable was turned off..... I waited finally was asked would I like to move, so I got moved from a quiet courtyard view to over the parking lot and dumpster. Guess what it's emptied at 4am. Really "sweet" breakfast was actually pretty good, coffee was pretty much brown bean water. Thank god there was a Starbucks at the Hyatt. I guess if you have no choice this isn't bad, if you do have a choice go to the embassy suites.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PlazaSuitesMgmt, General Manager at The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I am sorry your experience was not all together satisfactory, however assure you we will follow-up on the "actionable" items listed in your review.

I did want to point out that coffee (flavor) is a very personal thing and that while we offer a breakfast blend at breakfast, we do provide Starbucks coffee in k-cups in our suites.

Thanks for the pleasure of your stay.

JP Rollet

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great suites. The breakfast isn't just a cold Danish but warm food that is better than you would expect. They also have a free happy hour in a quite little lobby bar that I love.

Room Tip: All suites are roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan95696
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Facilities and site were very clean. Staff was very courteous. Late reservation, but still got a good deal. Would recommend. I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I need to say at the outset that I chose to pay the extra $20/night for the executive floor and requested a quiet room away from the freeway (Hwy 101). I got a room on the top floor that totally suited my need for quiet and I was pretty comfortable. Check-in was very easy and pleasant and the clerk who helped me made an extra effort to help me identify two or three good places to eat nearby. There were coffee and pastries available each morning and cookies each evening by the elevator on the executive floor. The room was reasonably clean and the bed was good. There's a huge sink and counter in a "hallway," while toilet and shower/tub are crammed into a very small space, with the toilet blocking half the access to the shower. Breakfast was great, with many options. The executive floor package included free internet with unlimited devices. I used the wired internet connection for the most part and found it acceptable. I noticed the analog TV with limited channels that others have mentioned, but it didn't matter much to me. Three nights out of five, I received a snack/candy "extra" as part of the executive floor package. Overall I thought I got a very good deal at about $220 before taxes, while the Embassy Suites is at about $300/night, plus parking, plus an internet fee. Parking was free here and I had no problem finding a space. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Very average hotel in Silicon Valley and may not be worth the $ per night. Check in was easy but room cleanliness is an issue. First thing I noticed was dust on bed frame, pictures, night tables, mold in the shower and dirt in the bathroom corners. Sheets were very thin, had holes in them and very worn. I booked the hotel as it was convient to where my meetings were. I will say the free Bar evening service and free Breakfast were the best part of the hotel. Wifi was $5 a night and free parking. Next trip to the valley I would scout around for a better cleaner place even if it is further away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Outdated everything. Unhelpful staff and WAY OVER PRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET.
I tried to check out early after seeing the place and they charged me $50 on top of a highly inflated fee. DON'T STAY HERE. Much better hotels for the money. Awful experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends