“I was pleasantly surprised to have a whole, beautiful suite for such a reasonable cost.”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hawthorne
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I was totally unprepared for the quality of The Plaza Suites because the cost was very reasonable. My suite was beautifully furnished and in good repair. I had one small complaint about the shower draining too slowly , but it was fixed the same day that I told management about it. There are flat screen televisions in the bedroom and the sitting area and all of the amenities were top notch. The breakfast was great! On Sunday the buffet included everything from eggs, bacon, and sausage to cereal, fruit, and waffles. On Monday, egg dishes were made to order. When I checked in I was given a coupon for a complimentary drink during happy hour. The Plaza Suites also has an airport shuttle and I was told that they pick up from the Amtrak station as well. I booked The Plaza Suites through Expedia.com, but I was told that the hotel will match Expedia's price. I think booking direct would make a possible change in plans easier.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Husband & I stayed here 2 nights; Friday and Saturday for a getaway.
The staff was rude and unfriendly. I am outgoing and friendly, but did not get 1 smile for anyone except from the bartenders (1 Fri & 1 Sat), who were ironically the most over worked. Saturday the bar was packed and they had 1 bartender and nor wait staff. It was ridiculous.
Don't plan on enjoying the hot tub, it was cold and the jets do not function properly (the air goes straight to the surface, instead of into the hot tub).
The breakfast was cold, greasy, and basically unappealing. Most everything was out or down to the dregs when my husband went at 9:30, when it was suppose to be open until 10.
It is too bad, the rooms themselves are nice, as is the pool, but the unwelcoming staff just put a bad flavor on our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank msbroberts
JPR0428, General Manager at The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 27 September 2010
Please accept my heartfelt apologies for not providing you with a positive experience.

Your comments relating to Food and Beverage were reviewed with our Management staff for immediate follow up, and the issue with our spa has since been addressed. Lastly, our staff and hotel has developed a reputation for warm and friendly service and I am perplexed as to why we would not have extended the same to you and your husband.

We take all feedback very seriously and review all feedback with our staff; yours will be no exception.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My husband and I were travelling with our three kids, and two additional teenaged friends--a party of 7. The lobby was rich and inviting, and the bedrooms were beautifully appointed; everything luxurious and well thought-out. The bed was extremely comfortable, with a down comforter and down pillows--really nice. The two tv's allowed us to enjoy different programs simultaneously. The bathrooms were opulent, the furniture was rich, and there was an abundance of towels in the bathroom, and pillows on the beds. Nothing scarce here. We had a bunch of teenage girls with us, who ordered room service dessert--it was reasonably priced, extremely delicious, and quickly deilvered. The complimentary breakfast was fun for the kids-they made their own waffles...and offered a wide variety of foods, so there was something for everyone. If I had to pick 2 things to complain about regarding our stay, it would be that the bathtub stopper didn't fit into the tub, so I had to plug it with washcloths, and that we were close to the freeway, so it took me a few minutes to fall asleep. Once asleep however, I stayed asleep...and slept very well in downy comfort. The hotel itself is across the freeway from a very nice shopping center with a movie theater, restaurants, shopping, Starbucks, Juice it Up etc...I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Approximately 45 people staying for a soccer tournament. The staff was great; opened the breakfast buffet early and kept it open later for us. The hotel is very nice; well appointed and competes with the large chains but feels "boutiqish".

Will certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2010
Concord, CA
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Plaza Suites for one night for our anniversary. The hotel is beautiful and a great value. We loved our King Corner Suite, free drinks, and free breakfast. The hotel is a short drive to Great America. We wish every hotel was this nice at such an amazing price!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CAMelissa2009
Salinas, California
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We play in 12U baseball tournments around the state and always enjoy coming to the Plaza. The baseball park is less than 5 minutes away and when we get back to the hotel the kids enjoy the great pool and hot tub. Towels are always available for the kids and the staff is great with the kids...Food is great for the kids and the drinks are a plus for the adults...Rooms are all suites and modern...Overall a great place....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Elk Grove, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Plaza Suites. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk was very helpful. The rooms were nice and plenty of space. The covered parking was great to have. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends