“Wonderful”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This is our second time staying here and once again we were not disappointed. It is a quiet, friendly hotel; the complimentary breakfast is very good. The bar service is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2010

These suites are "true" suites, in that there is a separate room with doors that separate it from the living room area. In my research to find a suite, I noticed that some hotels will call a room a "suite" but there is only a half wall divider or the bedroom is just sectioned off from the living room area. The complimentary breakfast is GREAT! They even have fresh fruit, not the canned fruit that most establishments will serve. The selection is plentiful and quality is really good. Not your typical continental breakfast, but a true breakfast buffet with real eggs (not powder), bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, and even make your own belgian waffles! I would go on and on listing everything available at this buffet, but just know that it's good and they don't cheap out. The rooms are clean and updated. The bathroom is small, but it helps that the sink and vanity area are outside of the bathroom. So, for just a toilet and bath, I guess it's not too bad. The bed is SUPER comfortable. One TV in the bedroom and another in the living room area. The living room area also has a sofa bed that pulls out to a good size...maybe a queen? We brought our 3 kids and we were able to fit 2 cribs in the living room area (and the toddler slept with us on the king size bed). I would definitely come back again when I'm visiting the area. Also very easy and close access to 101. And there's an In n Out right there too! =)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2010

After reading the only review I could find from a few years ago, I was worried. But, they said it was remodeled and it was nice. Food and bar on site, even with a refrigerator and microwave and 2 giant screen tvs. The bed was the best. It was sooo comfortable which makes a difference when sleeping in the wrong time zone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I was totally unprepared for the quality of The Plaza Suites because the cost was very reasonable. My suite was beautifully furnished and in good repair. I had one small complaint about the shower draining too slowly , but it was fixed the same day that I told management about it. There are flat screen televisions in the bedroom and the sitting area and all of the amenities were top notch. The breakfast was great! On Sunday the buffet included everything from eggs, bacon, and sausage to cereal, fruit, and waffles. On Monday, egg dishes were made to order. When I checked in I was given a coupon for a complimentary drink during happy hour. The Plaza Suites also has an airport shuttle and I was told that they pick up from the Amtrak station as well. I booked The Plaza Suites through Expedia.com, but I was told that the hotel will match Expedia's price. I think booking direct would make a possible change in plans easier.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Husband & I stayed here 2 nights; Friday and Saturday for a getaway.
The staff was rude and unfriendly. I am outgoing and friendly, but did not get 1 smile for anyone except from the bartenders (1 Fri & 1 Sat), who were ironically the most over worked. Saturday the bar was packed and they had 1 bartender and nor wait staff. It was ridiculous.
Don't plan on enjoying the hot tub, it was cold and the jets do not function properly (the air goes straight to the surface, instead of into the hot tub).
The breakfast was cold, greasy, and basically unappealing. Most everything was out or down to the dregs when my husband went at 9:30, when it was suppose to be open until 10.
It is too bad, the rooms themselves are nice, as is the pool, but the unwelcoming staff just put a bad flavor on our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank msbroberts
JPR0428, General Manager at The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2010

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for not providing you with a positive experience.

Your comments relating to Food and Beverage were reviewed with our Management staff for immediate follow up, and the issue with our spa has since been addressed. Lastly, our staff and hotel has developed a reputation for warm and friendly service and I am perplexed as to why we would not have extended the same to you and your husband.

We take all feedback very seriously and review all feedback with our staff; yours will be no exception.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

My husband and I were travelling with our three kids, and two additional teenaged friends--a party of 7. The lobby was rich and inviting, and the bedrooms were beautifully appointed; everything luxurious and well thought-out. The bed was extremely comfortable, with a down comforter and down pillows--really nice. The two tv's allowed us to enjoy different programs simultaneously. The bathrooms were opulent, the furniture was rich, and there was an abundance of towels in the bathroom, and pillows on the beds. Nothing scarce here. We had a bunch of teenage girls with us, who ordered room service dessert--it was reasonably priced, extremely delicious, and quickly deilvered. The complimentary breakfast was fun for the kids-they made their own waffles...and offered a wide variety of foods, so there was something for everyone. If I had to pick 2 things to complain about regarding our stay, it would be that the bathtub stopper didn't fit into the tub, so I had to plug it with washcloths, and that we were close to the freeway, so it took me a few minutes to fall asleep. Once asleep however, I stayed asleep...and slept very well in downy comfort. The hotel itself is across the freeway from a very nice shopping center with a movie theater, restaurants, shopping, Starbucks, Juice it Up etc...I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Approximately 45 people staying for a soccer tournament. The staff was great; opened the breakfast buffet early and kept it open later for us. The hotel is very nice; well appointed and competes with the large chains but feels "boutiqish".

Will certainly be back.