“Very nice, upscale hotel. Worth the money.”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Very nice, upscale hotel. Worth the money.”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Very nice, upscale hotel. Worth the money. Good place to send you clients and or customers. It is nice and will impress them. I would definitly stay there again.
Use your 3 free drink tickets! What a nice addition to the normal stay. The bar was a great place to wind down, and free drinks help! Food was also very good :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
napa
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Came for knitting convention & just needed a quiet room. Very nice linens, comforatble bed. Nice breakfast. Everything was just what we needed.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Bangalore
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed here on business and found this hotel, though a bit old one, a great value for money place. Rooms are big and clean. Food is great. Location is simply great between Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. Ideal place for holidaying or business travel. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed at the Plaza Suites for five nights, February 5th through February 10th. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated, the staff was always pleasant and inviting, and despite being close to the San Jose airport the rooms were quiet. Breakfasts were very nice with a hot special every day (french toast, omelets, etc.) along with a buffet which included pancakes, eggs, fruit, toast and donuts. There is a free open bar every evening from 5 to 7 PM. The two room suite although small was nicely furnished with a flat screen TV in each room. Overall I would rate this hotel as one of the better choices in the San Jose area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 February 2011

The front desk was responsive even though I had my usual long double flight fog. I got my room card, went up to the room and opened the door. I wasn't sure what I was looking at. It was a small comfortable room which made me feel good but confused. I didn't see the bed.

I ended up enjoying that little room. One night I started a pay-for-view movie. Stopped. Went into the adjoining comfortable bed room and restarted it there. It was wonderful that it worked.

The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. I found an extra blanket in the nice small closet and used it. It was a good four days.

The morning breakfast buffet I wasn't too happy with. I had better luck at work.

I never ate at the restaurant and my one attempt at using the bar wasn't successful. There were many people taking advantage of the free evening wine drinks which I didn't want and it was too crowded for my taste.

On my last night, I went down to the business center and printing my boarding ticket. It was a good thing since my morning flight checkin could have gone much slower if I had been in the boarding pass line. I just needed to checkin one bag.

I tried twice to use the free high speed wireless. Switched to my cellular card.

Parking was great with the parking garage. It is such a shame when I have to up my daily expenses with $10 or higher parking costs.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 22 December 2010

The airport shuttle starts at 6:30AM-a drawback if you have an early flight.
Rooms are large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 10 December 2010

My Family And I Stayed in Santa Clara Plaza Suites And The Staff Was Warming, Helpful, Gracious, I Can't Stop Thinking About The Care They Gave Us. We Didn't Want For Anything If You Thought It , It Was There... Thank You Lilah For Such Wonderful Care You And Your Staff Showed Us... Housekeeping Was Great!!!! I Will Highly Recommend Your Hotel To Everyone!!!! First Class All The Way......

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple