All reviews sports bar the concierge lounge north tower silicon valley self parking room service large hotel levi stadium tech companies theme park bit dated business travel great america park convention center football game parcel lobby
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Nice hotel, well kept up. This is my preferred place in downtown San Jose. Easy access to airport and all of the valley. You will be very near the airport approach but just ask for a room facing east.

Stayed: March 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear PorscheBoxster,

Thank you for the generous review of our hotel, the Santa Clara Marriott. We are delighted you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, including our convenient location. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you will continue choosing us again in the future.

Vince Buonocore
Resident Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I am not sure how so many of these reviews are 4-5 stars as that was not our experience at all! We had the longest walk from the lobby to our room which was such a pain when wanting to use our car. We unfortunately didn't look in the bath tub until my son wanted to take a bath around midnight and it was absolutely disgusting (see pictures, zoom in.) I wiped a white washcloth over part of it and all the dirt was coming up on it. We were so grossed out! Since we were exhausted after a long day at the amusement park, plus we had to leave at 6:30 AM to catch a flight, we were unable to shower at all at this hotel. I complained first thing in the AM and they said since I booked through Expedia there is nothing they could do for me. I could understand if this was a minor complaint however our bath tub had not been washed and was disgusting and therefore I think something should had been done on MARRIOTT'S end since we all had to fly un-showered! They offered us breakfast but we could not use the pass because we had 20 minutes until we had to leave for the airport. I plan to reach out to the General Manager as this whole experience was unacceptable. Beware, I think your experience here is luck, if you have a good one.

I hope that you found the details in my review helpful. I do NOT recommend this hotel as there are others in the area that are cheaper and I bet you will have a better experience at. Plus parking is $25 unless you want to park in a self parking raised lot across the street, no thank you with the already long walk to our room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cbjhome
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Cbjhome,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered with the bathtub in your room, and that we didn't promptly respond to correct them. We take the cleanliness of our rooms and bathrooms very seriously and have inspections in place to keep this from happening. Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Housekeeper and steps are being taken to ensure this does not happen again. We hold ourselves to extremely high standards and should you stay with us again, we believe you'll see that this was an isolated incident. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The staff is exceptional, the smiles are sincere and the effort to make every guest feel welcome is genuine. It's a lovely place to stay. Wonderful, wonderful place - I cannot praise this place highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Liz T,

Thank you for choosing the Santa Clara Marriott. We are grateful for your compliments about our entire team. They will happy to hear their outstanding service played a major role in making your stay with us a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you again whenever you are back here!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This place is huge and always busy. That said it is also super clean and staffed to perfection. There is a consistency here that keeps me coming. Location is close to everything and food really good Try and stay in a tower

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear John M,

We love having guests return to stay with us again and again. Nothing pleases us more than to know that we have provided everything necessary for you to have a wonderful experience each time. Thanks for making us your "home away from home", and we can't wait to welcome you back to Santa Clara Marriott,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here for years. I’m somewhat jaded! A-there’s new management at this property. You can see the difference at the property! Service is extraordinary! It has always been good but we are at a much better detailed level. The food has evolved and is fantastic! I ate at happy hour several times during my stay and it was incredible with new items on the menu! B-they are going to revocation the hotel soon starting with the lobby and continuing with the rooms. I am sure it will be modern and fabulous. C-location is great off the 101 and minutes from San Jose. D-status does matter! The Concierge lounge is great! Say hello to Olga who greets you with a smile! She is there to assist you in the evenings. They have wines by the glass, chips, salsa, salad fixings and an entree with side. Starbucks opens at 6 am every morning Olga is there to greet up with a smile and prepare your favorite drink. The entire staff show a new resilience, warmth and connectivity. This has been infused with the fantastic new leadership!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Geekontherun,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Santa Clara Marriott. We believe a well-furnished room along with the amazing service and facilities sets the tone for a wonderful visit, and we are thoroughly excited to know this was your experience. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Olga for a job well done. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.