“First motel, not sure if they'll be a second...”

Best Western Inn Santa Clara
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

It was my first stay in a motel and coming from Europe the experience is preceded by images of all the films that we see where motel stays are generally the moment where something terrible will happen - No Country for Old Men! Trying to be objective as possible there is nothing particularly good or bad about the experience. The convenience of driving up to the door of your room is useful but being in the middle of nowhere means that you need a car. The room was fine, the decor was somewhat dated and lighting dim but it was functional and clean. My main issue was with the isolation, the walls and ceiling thickness meant that I could here everything that went on next door and above. Being jetlagged I needed some undisturbed sleep but got little as the guy above was up at 5am every morning and hence so was I.

Front desk was helpfull, breakfast was tricky as all the seats were taken so I took my coffee standing up.

Fine for the price but be aware of the limitations.

Room Tip: Take and end of row room, at least that's one noisy neighbour less!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TheRobertss
bwsc5251, General Manager at Best Western Inn Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Let me first thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback and letting us know where inprovement is needed. I am sorry with the disappointment you had with quietness of your room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvience and hope you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

i have been staying in this motel for couple of days. I can say my stay at this motel is really good. . Excellent customer service from front desk and even house keeping too. Lot of different kind of restaurant around the area. motel having gym across the street is nice too. Good price, good location and Comfort stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chintan P

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are please that your stay was pleasant and hope that you will return and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for busines for almost 3 months now. I can probably say these words would be an understatement on the experience I had so far. Professional! Excellent Customer Service! They (especially NICK!) have helped and assisted in all of my booking needs and during my stay every time I'm there. Nick has gone extra miles so many times to help me. Good people skill and management! Like I've said this is home away from home. Hey Maria! thanks to you too! (i havent forgotten you) Harry, from day one you have provided excellent assistance on my travle needs. I can tell more about my experience, but just lets just say, I'm happy, very happy! satisfied with the overall customer service this hotel provides. Just ask them and they will try to help any which way they can to accomodate your needs. Thanks again Nick, you should managing your own hotel!

Room Tip: Just call and ask for Nick, he'll take care of the rest, thats how good he is!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank aughnayn
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was a nice hotel a group of us went for a show and really only slept other than messing up one of the room types everything was nice and went very well

Room Tip: We asked if there was connecting rooms they told us no but one of the rooms we had did have a connec...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Excellent. The room was fine and from the moment of reservation to check out. Great service. Very close to Kaiser hospital.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

-Lovely people
-Confortable
-Near lots of restaurants
-Near lots of markets

If you plan to stay in Santa Clara, this hotel is a very nice option!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We spent eight nights at the Best Western over the Christmas holidays. Once again, we were pleased with the accomodations, the service of the staff, and the breakfast bar. Any minor concern was handled immediately - almost always by Nick, who was on duty the entire week of our stay. We saw him morning and night and although we knew he had to be exhausted, he was always helpful, cheerful, and a pleasure to work with. We will stay there again the next time we are in the area to visit our daughter and her family.

Room Tip: We request a room on the second floor so no one is walking on top of us. There is no elevator, but...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family