Mariani's Inn
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$164
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$209
Avatar Hotel
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$183
  • Pool
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$176
BestWestern.com
US$426
US$389
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Inn Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$208
BestWestern.com
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$312
  • Restaurant
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$336
Hyatt.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$168
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2012

From the street, Mariani's Inn looks to be a decent place to stay. The front desk clerk was very polite and the lobby had a welcoming and quaint feel to it. However, the lobby is where it ends. As I left the lobby and drove into the parking area, I was greeted with litter and cigarette butts. The stairs were old and slightly spooky with the compromised wooden railings and outdated astro-turf material covering the steps.

I booked a room with 2 queen beds but when I checked in, I was given a room with 2 full beds. I decided to try them out to see if they would accomodate us. Not only were they too small, they were the MOST uncomfortable beds I have ever lay upon. They were far too thin and flimsy and they bounced badly. The restrooms are tiny, with small rounds seats for the toilet that you might find in a preschool. The lack of recent updating was eveident everywhere. The advertised "blackout" curtains did little to keep out any light.

I went back to the lobby and informed the clerk that the beds were not what I had paid for and wanted a different room boasting the accomodations I booked. The clerk was apologetic, admitting the room had 2 full beds even though at check in, she stated "2 queen beds". She offered me another room so I went to have a look. It's wasn't hard to see that this room was not much better then the previous. The beds were queens and they were a little more firm but still not comfortable. I had specifically asked for a non-smoking room as I have a child with asthma, however upon entering the new room, the smell of stale cigarette smoke assailed my nostrils with such an offensiveness that it triggered a gag reflex. The walls were filthy, looking as if someone had walked through the oil and grime in the parking lot and then lay on the bed with their feet on the wall. The TV was dusty and the bathroom mirror looked to have that dried toothpaste/saliva gunk that messy brushers leave.

I went back to the lobby again and told the clerk that this place was disgusting, certainly not reflective of what was advertised and that I would not stay. The clerk was again sincerely apologetic, a trait likely acquired by much practice. Overall, this was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever encountered. I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere for accomodations in the Santa Clara/San Jose area.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room, you'll have to go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank ASmith039
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is sort of a historic hotel - think Mariani (fruit) Packing Service is great, food is excellent. Rooms need updating. The bar has real live music on most weekends. We attended a huge birthday party in the large banquet room. The food was excellent and service attentive.

Room Tip: We asked for a room in the center of the hotel away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The rude manager at this hotel insisted that I stayed 2 nights while I only stayed one night and thus charging me twice as much. The room I stayed at this hotel is small and dingy and it has a strange smell from the dirty carpet (which is why I only stayed there for a night).

Use your best judgment and look for hotel around nearby locations. I noticed there are many other hotels to choose from within a 2 block radius.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank lexin12
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I picked this property because of the convenient location to my moms house. Also Marianis is a local institution. They have a heated pool and spa which was one of my criteria. The pool and spa were great. The rooms are showing their age. While clean, they could go for a much needed facelift. Would I stay here again? Not sure. If I could get a room for under the 50/ngt maybe.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have stayed here once or twice you could say. The staff is awesome however the hotel needs upgrades. Beds are way out of date and very firm. Always short sheets. Never a fitted sheet. Bitten by bed bugs. Cock roaches. Cold breakfast but it's free. House keeping overkills on Lysol spray. All in all if comfort was defined by amenities go elsewhere, if it's the way the staff treats you it's the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business