The good: breakfast buffet, extra towels/pillows promptly delivered, overall friendly front desk people.
The ok: rooms were decent though the walls are a bit thin.
The BIZARRE: after finding out that this hotel has a very reasonable monthly rate, i inquired with the manager who asked me (with some attitude, in front of FOUR other employees) "so what's going on with you that you want to stay in a hotel for a month?" I requested that perhaps she needs to ask me that question in private. She was accommodating in that regard but did not apologize for the absurdity of asking about my personal situation in front of a team of gawking employees..oh but it gets better: AFTER hearing that I'm needing a bit of space from my current living situation & extracting a level of detail i wasn't entirely comfortable with, the manager THEN informed me that they allow dogs on a day by day but not month by month basis & also accused me of not registering my dog with front desk. (when i see a pet friendly hotel, i assume i can bring my pet, but that's not the problem)
THE PROBLEM: instead of asking whether my dog would be staying for the month & advising me that this is against policy, the manager first got the 411 on my personal life & living situation and only after satisfying her curiosity (?) decided to ask whether my dog would need to stay with me.
No lady, i bring my dog in with me to stay for 2 days but for the rest of the month I'm going to put him in a kennel (please note sarcasm)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our history began when Jack Mariani settled in Santa Clara in 1907. After farming his orchards for many years, he was inspired to pull out five acres of prune trees and create the Inn and Restaurant. Ever since, our guests have experienced lodging and dining of the highest caliber in a relaxing, homelike atmosphere. You're sure to enjoy your stay, because we operate the way Jack Mariani designed it - as a family place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Mariani's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariani`s Hotel Santa Clara
- Marianis Hotel Santa Clara